• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 kilgore trout

kilgore trout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:22 PM

So far I have no plans, and I've heard almost no one mention anything about parties - either hosting or attending one. Usually people have things in the works by now. Is this just an off year or what?
Posted Image

#2 -Blank-

-Blank-

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:23 PM

Me
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
+
some buddies.

#3 Killface

Killface

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:18 AM

I jumped on the grenade and am closing here at work...it'll be easy, tho, so no worries.
I'm not the one that tapes Swiss Cake Rolls to the underside of the toilet....Snacky Onassis.

#4 britkid

britkid

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:21 AM

i'm supposed to be working a show one of the dudes inadvertently planned for super bowl sunday. so now it's being moved to early afternoon. that should turn out real well. after that i'll probably get drunk with the neighbors and pretend to give a shit about football when in actuality i only care about the beer they're giving me.

#5 wakingrufus

wakingrufus

And then John was a Sombie

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2376 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:49 AM

fuck the super bowl, trying to take over my birthday and shit.
Last.fm: Posted Image

#6 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10088 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:55 AM

Posted Image

#7 undo

undo

future thug

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8962 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:03 AM

Me
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
=
Posted Image

#8 kalmia

kalmia

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:12 AM

Maybe this

Posted Image

and whatever else I happen to do.
_

#9 Complain

Complain

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3463 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:38 AM

I'll be leaving for Las Vegas that morning, and watching the Super Bowl at the convention center of the MGM Grand, with hundreds of co-workers from across the country, thirty of whom I've actually met, and five of whom I actually LIKE. :angry: I'm in Vegas Feb. 5-8 at a national sales convention. GREAT timing, you morons.

All my life i wanted to be black.
Until i saw your picture, now i wanna be you.

http://www.myspace.com/hipbyproxy

#10 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:48 AM

i'll be missing the superbowl completely. i'm going to be in dublin on superbowl sunday and with the time difference and my impending jet lag i'm sure to be missing the steelers beat the hell out of seattle. plus the irish aren't so hot on american football im sure.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#11 Guest_NumberTenOx_*

Guest_NumberTenOx_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:03 AM

i'll be missing the superbowl completely. i'm going to be in dublin on superbowl sunday and with the time difference and my impending jet lag i'm sure to be missing the steelers beat the hell out of seattle. plus the irish aren't so hot on american football im sure.

You got the better end of the deal. But I bet there will be a pub or two showing the game.

#12 without_opinion

without_opinion

Minister of Health

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5575 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:07 AM

my buddy with the huge tv can host this year, so the responsibility falls on my shoulders. yeah, that's about it. commercials better be good this year.
Music Is My Girlfriend (click for playlists) -- my brother's weekly radio show (new time!), Mondays, 2pm CST, out of Crested Butte, CO. Hear it at KBUT fm online

#13 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:14 AM

You got the better end of the deal. But I bet there will be a pub or two showing the game.

probably not..since the pubs close pretty early over there and with the time change the game starts at 1am dublin time.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#14 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:17 AM

Me
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
=
Posted Image

Post of the year so far.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Guest_NumberTenOx_*

Guest_NumberTenOx_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:32 AM

probably not..since the pubs close pretty early over there and with the time change the game starts at 1am dublin time.

Depends on licencing. Can't hurt to look into it if you're interested.

#16 without_opinion

without_opinion

Minister of Health

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5575 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:34 AM

Depends on licencing. Can't hurt to look into it if you're interested.

right. i mean the Abbey in Chicago would open at 3am for World Cup games back in '02, you'd think there'd be SOMEPLACE open to show the game.
Music Is My Girlfriend (click for playlists) -- my brother's weekly radio show (new time!), Mondays, 2pm CST, out of Crested Butte, CO. Hear it at KBUT fm online

#17 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:38 AM

going to a buddies house for the game. he and his wife are excellent cooks, so even if the game sucks I know I'll be well fed.

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#18 thrillho

thrillho

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4357 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:45 PM

Posted Image
obviously, i'll be watching the puppy bowl. this year's half time show is KITTIES! and i hear it's going to be GREAT.

i caught this last year between commercials and it was amazing. just puppies. running around. doin puppy things. i could watch it for four hours. and i probably will.

#19 without_opinion

without_opinion

Minister of Health

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5575 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:50 PM

Posted Image
obviously, i'll be watching the puppy bowl. this year's half time show is KITTIES! and i hear it's going to be GREAT.

i caught this last year between commercials and it was amazing. just puppies. running around. doin puppy things. i could watch it for four hours. and i probably will.

i'm fascinated by counter programming. like when the AFC/NFC Championship games were on, ESPN is just showing Ice Skating or Billiards. i wonder how much research goes into this stuff --trying to completely segment a portion of the viewing public who will NOT be watching the super bowl.

#20 thrillho

thrillho

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4357 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:56 PM

i'm fascinated by counter programming. like when the AFC/NFC Championship games were on, ESPN is just showing Ice Skating or Billiards. i wonder how much research goes into this stuff --trying to completely segment a portion of the viewing public who will NOT be watching the super bowl.

oh, so am i. which is part of the reason i love the puppy bowl so much. also, i love puppies. animal planet had a brilliant idea - make programming for all the bitches and sissies out there who don't care about stupid football. and, as one of those bitches, i thank them.