Posted Image

#12762 Waterloo

Waterloo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

this is one album that i need to listen to more...

#12763 hornpout

hornpout

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:03 PM

The Week That Was is good stuff.

#12764 cerebralcaustic

cerebralcaustic

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:21 PM

The Week That Was is good stuff.

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread: Make sure you check out School of Language, the other Field Music side project.

#12765 Saskadelphia

Saskadelphia

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6049 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:29 AM

Posted Image

R.I.P. Frankie Venom
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12766 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

Posted Image

All day.

Posted Image
All night.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#12767 pigfuck

pigfuck

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1853 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:56 AM

Posted Image
All night.

It's cliché to state how good this record is, but - man - so good.
make it three yards, motherfucker, and we'll have an automobile race

#12768 Bleep Blop

Bleep Blop

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3515 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:58 AM

Disagree. It's nothing compared to When Forever Comes Crashing. Now that's a Converge record I can take home to the family.

#12769 pigfuck

pigfuck

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1853 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:03 AM

Disagree. It's nothing compared to When Forever Comes Crashing. Now that's a Converge record I can take home to the family.

Admittedly, I haven't heard When Forever Comes Crashing, but to disagree that this album isn't so good is just inane. I've never seen face-melting crushiness combined with such emotional involvement/disruption ever. Probably the most heart- and gut-wrenching album I've encountered.
make it three yards, motherfucker, and we'll have an automobile race

#12770 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:05 AM

So their pre-Jane Doe albums are worth seeking out?

I always sort of figured they were, but I've only heard the last three. And then I hear people mentioning When Forever Comes Crashing and I get super curious. So would you say it's their best? Anything before that one good?
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

#12771 Bleep Blop

Bleep Blop

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3515 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:09 AM

It's honestly the album that made me lose complete interest in Converge. Only really cool parts I remember from it is the last riff of the last song and the hitting succession of the first 2-3 tracks. No idea why I never took to the rest, but it never hit me at all.

#12772 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:14 AM

petitioning the empty sky is great
really ugly grungy production, one metal as fukk riff after another
just listen to "the saddest day" possibly their finest moment

when forever comes crashing is kind of shitty besides conduit and year of the swine

caring and killing is almost pantera-esque, the vocals are so terrible but a couple songs make it worth hearing
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#12773 Bleep Blop

Bleep Blop

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3515 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:14 AM

So their pre-Jane Doe albums are worth seeking out?

I always sort of figured they were, but I've only heard the last three. And then I hear people mentioning When Forever Comes Crashing and I get super curious. So would you say it's their best? Anything before that one good?

If you like really nasty production, give the original WFCC a listen. I think it's by far their most metal/dirty album-- produced by Steve Austin from Today is the Day, and it really sounds like it. That was my favorite album ever for a year a while ago. Some really strange shifts from song to song- all kinda adds to the dark tone, I think.

Petitioning the Empty Sky isn't as good, but has the song I think of when I think of Converge(The Saddest Day). That song pretty much has everything Converge has ever done musically rolled up into about 7 or 8 minutes. Some other pretty good tracks on there as well.

First album is mostly just a collection of 7"s,live stuff,etc.. Stephen Brodsky from Cave-in is on most of that one(and maybe most of Petitioning.. too, I forget), so if you like them at all, it might be worth checking out for you-- even if it is still way more Covnerge than Cave-in.

#12774 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:15 AM

dont discourage people from listening to petitioning the empty sky that is the wrong idea
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#12775 Bleep Blop

Bleep Blop

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3515 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:16 AM

Whose discouraging? I'd pull that album out for The Saddest Day alone. Anyone hearing that song for the first time is bound to listen to the rest, anyway. Actually, wait-- that tracklist is better than I remember. "Dead", that's a fuckin song right there too.

#12776 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:17 AM

what a fucking great band

#12777 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:18 AM

"albatross" is good because it puts that annoying alarm clock sound in a metal song a creative breakthrough

#12778 Bleep Blop

Bleep Blop

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3515 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:19 AM

You know what else is a really good Converge song? LOCUST RAIN. Nate Newton getting all Jesuit in the beginning. Agoraphoic Nosebleed split is the shit.

#12779 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:20 AM

It's honestly the album that made me lose complete interest in Converge. Only really cool parts I remember from it is the last riff of the last song and the hitting succession of the first 2-3 tracks. No idea why I never took to the rest, but it never hit me at all.

I mean, I wasn't "there" following the band's career, but man, Jane Doe is a perfectly kickass album. "Homewrecker"! The title track! "Thaw"! Come on, dude.

So have you not heard You Fail Me? Or No Heroes, for that matter? Hell, the latter might be the best thing they've done all decade.
Posted Image

#12780 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:24 AM

lets see what i can remember from the setlist when i saw them this summer eagles become vultures downpour no heroes last light thaw homewrecker heartache hellbound the broken vow some other shit from no heroes concubine fault and fracture jane doe genghis tron opened which did nothing for me at all. wish i had heard dead mountain mouth before i saw them, it's pretty good