#1 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

Too nice for his own good

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:42 AM

Attached File  st_124.jpg   8.62K   32 downloads

Attached File  og_alfalfa.jpg   4.48K   40 downloads Attached File  darla6.jpg   9.96K   32 downloads

www.cyranos.ch/ourg-e.htm

Attached File  pete.jpg   6.96K   29 downloads

Love these old movies. Great ones like "Dogs Is Dogs", "Our Gang Follies of 1938", "Shrimps For A Day"and more.

The only place to see them locally right now is Sundays 11am-1pm (alongside Three Stooges and various cartoons) on channel 23, ME-TV. Fortunately, these are unedited in all their non-PC glory.

http://www.picking.c...angwebring.html

http://jayp.net/pix/ourgang.htm (soundwaves)

Wish they could release these properly on DVD---many of them are found in various states of quality on cheap public domain DVDs .Attached File  lr6.jpg   32.84K   35 downloads

"Is everyone on here just an act sometimes?"--Hummingbird

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

Also jabbering about music and movies at www.rateyourmusic.com

#2 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:50 AM

I used to watch them on channel 32, every day, after school rascals, stooges, bradys & batman good times

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#3 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:25 AM

I used to watch them on channel 32, every day, after school
rascals, stooges, bradys & batman
good times

those were the good ol days of after school tv. i remember channel 44 was good for some of that too.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#4 norton

norton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:32 AM

Attached File  og_alfalfa.jpg   4.48K   40 downloads

I said it before, Alfafa has had a bigger influence on today's batch of whiny singers than anyone other performer before or since.

#5 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:33 AM

I couldn't get recpetion on channel 44 for shit on my little tv I do remember watching Sox games w/my dad on 44. Harry Carry & Jimmy Piersal. now that was some entertainment!

#6 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:53 AM

Channel 44 before ONTV and Telemundo= Hercules (the gayest cartoon ever made), King Kong cartoon, Penelope Pitstop, The Beatles cartoon, Johnny Sekko (or was it Sokko!?), Monster Theater. Ah, the 70s. Back on Topic: Meet Mary Kornman, the "Darla" of the silent-era version of the Rascals series. She grew up to be quite a hot tomato. Attached File  mary_car.jpg   57.28K   32 downloads Attached File  mary.jpg   55.58K   41 downloads Many Little Rascals grew up into not so nice personalities. Take the case of our good pal, Robert Blake, known in his Our Gang stint as "Mickey". Attached File  robert.jpg   3.47K   41 downloads Attached File  blake.jpg   2.56K   31 downloads

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

#7 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:53 AM

I met Hal Roach, the producer of the Our Gang comedies, at Santa Anita Race Track in Arcadia, Ca., back in the late '80s. I have a little stock in the company that owns the racetrack and that'd get me a handfull of special tickets to the clubhouse. Mr. Roach was a fixture there during the race season: always dressed to the 9s, sitting in the best seat in the Turf Club, and steadily winning money over the course of the day.
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S.
Posted Image

Should have stayed home and drank beer instead of going to work today.

Now Playing: Brahms, Symphony No 2; Giulini - Wiener

Heh heh, he said "Wiener"...

#8 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:56 AM

Many Little Rascals grew up into not so nice personalities. Take the case of our good pal, Robert Blake, known in his Our Gang stint as "Mickey".

Attached File  robert.jpg   3.47K   41 downloads Attached File  blake.jpg   2.56K   31 downloads

left-right-left

#9 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:45 AM

Miss Crabtree, there's something heavy on my heart.

Chubsy-ubsy, there's going to be something heavy on your nose!
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#10 Guest_NumberTenOx_*

Guest_NumberTenOx_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:46 AM

During the summers, they used to run these every afternoon on Channel 11 out of Denver. I hated 'em. Made me wish I was back in school.

#11 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:46 AM

I used to watch them on channel 32, every day, after school
rascals, stooges, bradys & batman
good times

those were the good ol days of after school tv. i remember channel 44 was good for some of that too.

Yeah, man.

Anybody else used to watch MV 50?

#12 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:50 AM

Yum yum...eat 'em up!

Posted Image

OK....it was a different time back then....racist sure....?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:11 PM

Yum yum...eat 'em up!

Posted Image

OK....it was a different time back then....racist sure....?

The damnedest, funniest episode that no one has ever seen, "The Kid From Borneo". Not really racist, but pretty simple-minded in its depiction of "foreign" people.

"Hello Unca George!" :lol:

"Don't drink the milk!" "Why?" "It's spoiled!"

"Here I is!"

"Hi, Crabby!"

"You expect to back out first, eh?" "No, we expect to leave feet first!"

Two examples of Stymie's lines that usually get censored:
"I saw ham and eggs talkin' last week."
"Yeah? What'd they say?"
"Well, the ham says, 'Move over white boy, you crowdin' me...Then the egg says, 'Walllll, I'se just sittin' here in this grease!"

"My daddy ain't no chauffeur, he's a crap-shootin' fool!"

#14 no magnets

no magnets

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image

comedy gold.

#15 Stan Gable

Stan Gable

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:35 PM

Our Gang >>>>>>>>> Little Rascals Most racist line in Our Gang: Little Spanky: "I wish Cotton was a monkey, I wish Cotton was a monkey."

#16 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:50 PM

Our Gang >>>>>>>>> Little Rascals

Most racist line in Our Gang:

Little Spanky: "I wish Cotton was a monkey, I wish Cotton was a monkey."

Dont' you mean Little Rascals>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Our Gang?
'Our Gang' was the official title given to the series after MGM bought up Hal Roach's studio, and from that point onward veer from the mediocre to the pitifiably horrible (these are the ones with Froggy, Mickey [Robert Blake], Janet and others).
Sorry to come off so Leonard Maltin, but I practically memorized the biographical book by Maltin & Richard Bann that covers their entire history.

Here's racial stereotyping at its finest:
The gang finds a supposedly magic lamp, and decide to make some wishes for "the genie". Stymie says, "I wish for a watermelon."

Someone says, "Why don't you wish for something bigger than that?"

Stymie then says, "I wish I had a BIG watermelon!"

#17 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:50 PM

Yeah...I've got...like 4 video tapes with about 4 episodes on each...came out in the early 90's I guess. Leonard Maltin intor's them. Best part is they are uncut/unsensored. The Wild Man Of Borneo is one of them. I guess there were about 12 or so tapes in the collection. Hmmm....wonder if anyone's sellin' them on ebay....yep...they are there...but watch out...you need the one's with Leonard Maltin....here's what the boxes look like....
Posted Image

And by the way...I think folks get confused by Our Gang vs. Little Rascals. Here's an easier distinction...if Froggy's in it...it sucks......
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

And by the way...I think folks get confused by Our Gang vs. Little Rascals. Here's an easier distinction...if Froggy's in it...it sucks......

Just watch the credits- if it says 'Our Gang' instead of 'Little Rascals' (or 'Hal Roach's Rascals'), do something else more constructive with your time.

#19 Stan Gable

Stan Gable

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

Our Gang >>>>>>>>> Little Rascals

Most racist line in Our Gang:

Little Spanky: "I wish Cotton was a monkey, I wish Cotton was a monkey."

Dont' you mean Little Rascals>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Our Gang?
'Our Gang' was the official title given to the series after MGM bought up Hal Roach's studio, and from that point onward veer from the mediocre to the pitifiably horrible (these are the ones with Froggy, Mickey [Robert Blake], Janet and others).
Sorry to come off so Leonard Maltin, but I practically memorized the biographical book by Maltin & Richard Bann that covers their entire history.

Here's racial stereotyping at its finest:
The gang finds a supposedly magic lamp, and decide to make some wishes for "the genie". Stymie says, "I wish for a watermelon."

Someone says, "Why don't you wish for something bigger than that?"

Stymie then says, "I wish I had a BIG watermelon!"

You know, now I'm confused. I liked it a lot better when Spanky was little, his best friend was Cotton, Stymie was one of the main characters and nobody had ever heard of Alfalfa. I thought that was Our Gang.

What is the name of that book?

#20 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:37 PM

What is the name of that book?

The Little Rascals, but the first publication was titled "Our Gang". Get it, it's definitive.

I noticed lots of DVDs being sold on amazon.com. Though flimsy with features, the 88 episode box set seems to be the best bargain. Although I wonder how long before Hallmark (evidently holding the current rights) will give the series its DVD due.