- Nick Cave

#26062 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:21 PM

And I couldn't even see up Zia McCabes skirt I was so far back from the stage. Boo!

No big loss, her thighs touch just above the knee these days.

#26063 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

Heather Graham right?

bingo.

...is her name-oh. She's Rollergirl, right? Yeah, she's good looking.
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#26064 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:24 PM

...pollard...

Dabbling in the 33 1/3rd dedicated to Bee Thousand the last week or so - Pollard's a big fan of collages, apparently, and he uses the form to inform just about everything he does. Watch me glue star...Man, the 33 1/3rd about Meat Is Murder? What a disappointment...

...portishead...

Confession: somebody once told me the name was pronounced "poor-tih-shay", like some Irish thing or something, and I walked around the Columbia campus for a week like an idiot talking about trip hop & "Portishay"

Posted Image

Who is that?
meow

I think Tweed's due this week maybe...maybe next? Right around the corner.

edit: we're 3 weeks away, too, man - maybe we can compare our wives' expelled uteruseses at the hospital!

Are you delivering at Northwestern Prentice? Looking forward to catching some HDTV while the wifes in labor. Do they have Blu-Ray dvd's there? Anyone know? I Am Legend is out next week, may be a good time to catch it.
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#26065 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...nIaong6E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#26066 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

...Northwestern Prentice...

Wouldn't that be something - stumble into a SOMB person on a day like that. You taken the tour yet? Free tours on the weekend - discounted parking across the street. Pretty neat facility. Some smoking hot nurses wandering around, too. Nurses do it all dirty style - I saw it in movies.
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#26067 held

held

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3549 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

Heather Graham right?

bingo.

...is her name-oh. She's Rollergirl, right? Yeah, she's good looking.

I'd been of a mixed emotion about her looks lately but catching her in the flesh completely put her back in the hot category.
There is nothing more depressing than trying to appear happy when you are not."
- Nick Cave

#26068 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:34 PM

Dudes, you and your wives are going to be treated like royalty there. We had our son in the old building, before the move, but all of the staff at Prentice really goes above and beyond. We had such an overwhelmingly positive experience with everyone that we dealt with there that it was almost too good to be true...But it wasn't. The director of the hospital even stopped in one morning to see how everything was going for us.

#26069 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

...Northwestern Prentice...

Wouldn't that be something - stumble into a SOMB person on a day like that. You taken the tour yet? Free tours on the weekend - discounted parking across the street. Pretty neat facility. Some smoking hot nurses wandering around, too. Nurses do it all dirty style - I saw it in movies.

No tour yet- probably not going to happen. Just not enough time.

When we do check in for the blessed event, I'll be sure to go door to door and pop my head in, asking "Alan?" in every room. Don't be shy.

Dated a few nurses. I can verify that what you see in the movies is 100% accurate.
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#26070 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

Dudes, you and your wives are going to be treated like royalty there. We had our son in the old building, before the move, but all of the staff at Prentice really goes above and beyond. We had such an overwhelmingly positive experience with everyone that we dealt with there that it was almost too good to be true...But it wasn't. The director of the hospital even stopped in one morning to see how everything was going for us.

We had our second in the old place. A decent experience- everyone treated us nicely. We'll see how the new place does.

#26071 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

That's encouraging to hear, Biggie. We had weeks of classes with midwifes & doulas and stuff because the missus is really sensitive about the 'male dominated medical sciences removing the magic & womanhood of pregnancy and birthing - turning it into assembly lines & doping sessions!' I might be paraphrasing there but you get the gist of it. Sin City - your comment made me laugh really loudly. "Scuse me? Scuse me, yeah hi! Hi. You Alan? No? Sorry! Sorry! Remember to breathe!"

#26072 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:41 PM

the missus is really sensitive about the 'male dominated medical sciences removing the magic & womanhood of pregnancy and birthing - turning it into assembly lines & doping sessions!'

When she's in labor, five bucks says she screams "fuck that magic bullshit," grabs the nearest male doctor, and demands dope. Or at least that's the stereotype.

#26073 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:43 PM

I'm bringing my hitter box just in case.

#26074 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:47 PM

the missus is really sensitive about the 'male dominated medical sciences removing the magic & womanhood of pregnancy and birthing - turning it into assembly lines & doping sessions!'

When she's in labor, five bucks says she screams "fuck that magic bullshit," grabs the nearest male doctor, and demands dope. Or at least that's the stereotype.

stereotype based in fact. I have a few friends that did the whole "oh, we're going to have the baby naturally, no drugs, and soft music playing blahblahblah" Bullshit. Husbands said within about 7 minutes of the whole process starting their wives had more pharmaceuticals in them than Pfizer Labratories. Can't say I blame them.

#26075 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:48 PM

The only men we dealt with were the anesthesiologists. My wife thought she wanted a natural child birth. She took the dope as soon as it was offered to her.

#26076 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

i dont understand the appeal in doing a "natural birth" free of drugs

is there a belief thats its supposed to be better for the baby?

or is it a tough thing to do?

Husbands said within about 7 minutes of the whole process starting their wives had more pharmaceuticals in them than Pfizer Labratories. :lol:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...8ZfZRUfs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#26077 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:53 PM

Oh, really? Well, my wife is fuckin' tough as nails and after she's had this baby I'm going to tell her to beat up all your wives. My wife trains for half-marathons and shit. My wife chews bumblebees. She'll have the baby sideways & win a staring contest. I expect her to demand an epidural pretty much right away, too, yeah.

edit: Dane Cook & Zach Branff or whatever...sorry, Hero, but that dude is irritating as shit.

#26078 tweed

tweed

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:00 PM

We're in the planning-on-natural-probably-end-up-drugged boat. I really don't see any point for that torture, but women seem to feel it's their duty to give it a shot. I wonder why other major surgeries don't have that kind of stigma around anesthetic. "Novacaine? And miss out on the natural experience of a wisdom tooth extraction?!" Damn, you guys are delivering at ESPN Zone and we've just got a crummy old hospital. Just putting the finishing touches on the iPod playlist for the big day. that signals acceptance in my world.
Twilight Revival
Friday, March 13th - Thornwood Lounge (Wood Dale,IL)
Tuesday, April 21 - Abbey Pub (Chicago, IL)

Web Site I MySpace

#26079 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

edit: Dane Cook & Zach Branff or whatever...sorry, Hero, but that dude is irritating as shit.

i never said i love Braff. i love Scrubs! jd the character!

gotta get my car in an hour

tune up & oil change

my gas mileage was getting bad, so hopefully this helps

and my shocks were inspected.... nothing wrong
surprising from all the potholes i've hit

Posted Image

"

#26080 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

...the finishing touches on the iPod playlist for the big day. that signals acceptance in my world.

You can't leave us like this? What's on the playlist, man? Care to share? Interestingly, my missus has mentioned she wants to have some of the ultra-aggro stuff on my shelves available. Cro-Mags and metal and old hardcore shit. Go figure.