Waylon

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:36 AM

this is my latest chair design:
Posted Image

I like it simakos, but you'd probably need to put two of those cylinders on top of each set of legs, or make the feet wider to keep them from sliding around.

Still waiting for Slackmo to delete this thread.

#26902 Vivian Darkbloom

Vivian Darkbloom

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

1. Vivian is officially on a diet. How many Weight Watchers points is a dry dessicated orange? That's all I've had so far today. Oh wait, I think I need to count the thimble of cream in my coffee as one point. I miss shameless gluttony already. 2. That Black Keys record is good stuff. 3. I get to go hang out at Torrey Pines down in San Diego and talk with all the other City Attorneys next week. Public Contracts, 911 fees and sewer easements, oh my!!! 4. I need to go backpacking some weekend hella soon. 5. I'm hungry.
The God of language forgives all crimes. -W.H. Auden ***** Anthony B, Independent, March 16 Black Mountain, Rickshaw Stop, March 20 Earthless, Wooden Shjips, Cafe du Nord, March 28 Mastodon, Kylesa, Intronaut, Great American Music Hall, April 19 Opeth, Enslaved, Regency Grand Ballroom, May 14 Sun Kil Moon, Great American Music Hall, May 29

#26903 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:43 AM

I like it simakos, but you'd probably need to put two of those cylinders on top of each set of legs, or make the feet wider to keep them from sliding around.

i don't understand what you mean... the feet of those legs could very easily have a rubber/plastic cap to prevent sliding. or do you mean the cylinders and the way they are fastened to the chair? i didn't model that part, but it could be securely done in a variety of ways... i imagine.

expound, Waylon, expound...

here's an industrial felt version:
Posted Image

#26904 Waylon

Waylon

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:28 PM

i don't understand what you mean... the feet of those legs could very easily have a rubber/plastic cap to prevent sliding. or do you mean the cylinders and the way they are fastened to the chair? i didn't model that part, but it could be securely done in a variety of ways... i imagine.

I take it the cylinders are there to make it adjustable. It also looks like they can roll around in those ridges you've got them in. If that's the case, even with rubber caps on the feet, the chair is going to collapse under whoever tries to sit on it. Those feet are tiny, and it seems like you'll need to rely on more than friction to keep them in place.

Still waiting for Slackmo to delete this thread.

#26905 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

I take it the cylinders are there to make it adjustable. It also looks like they can roll around in those ridges you've got them in. If that's the case, even with rubber caps on the feet, the chair is going to collapse under whoever tries to sit on it. Those feet are tiny, and it seems like you'll need to rely on more than friction to keep them in place.

i actually like that adjustable idea... i wasn't going that way with this, but i might steal that. thanks! there is pretty strong steel out there these days, i've seen chairs with thin legs like this... thanks for the input, i appreciate it.

while were at it, take a look at my new desktop accessories set, it's laser cut corrugated cardboard and can be easily recycled. i'm actually getting it cut this afternoon.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#26906 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

It took a few moments but I realized that photograph on this website's homepage isn't Mickey Rourke - it's Laurie Anderson.
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#26907 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

we can enjoy the greatest rock band on earth, Frightened Rabbit.

Who? Oh, the band opening for the 1900s. Maybe I'll show up early and check 'em out.

#26908 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

we can enjoy the greatest rock band on earth, Frightened Rabbit.

Who? Oh, the band opening for the 1900s. Maybe I'll show up early and check 'em out.

I really like the Ted Leo records that I have - he sounds an awful lot like that Joe Jackson guy, though, right? Remember that Taco Bell spot we were curious about? Yeah. And you know what? I've said it before & I'll say it again: that last Lucero album is effin' tight, too.

The chick in the office next to me laughs like this: "Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" ...I don't mean in a way that you have to write something to indicate laughter, I mean her laugh sounds like, "Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" It's maddening.
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#26909 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10085 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

This a.m. my window was divebombed by the biggest bee that ever lived....no kidding, it had to be 1.5" in diameter, round like a solid black golf ball. Then it buzzed off so I left the window open cos its stuffy in there. Im afraid to go back.

#26910 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

This a.m. my window was divebombed by the biggest bee that ever lived....no kidding, it had to be 1.5" in diameter, round like a solid black golf ball. Then it buzzed off so I left the window open cos its stuffy in there. Im afraid to go back.

sounds like a carpenter bee.
Posted Image
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#26911 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

Im afraid to go back.

Posted Image

#26912 Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:31 PM

alan ... don't you love how marmol doesn't put his glove on all the way... sensitive fingers maybe? it's just on his fingertips... its great i love him
Posted Image

#26913 Guest_NumberTenOx_*

Guest_NumberTenOx_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

Im afraid to go back.

Posted Image

^was the character study for: Posted Image

#26914 Killface

Killface

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

1.) G'Afternoon, 5thingers...if you're a Cubs fan, roll the r and the l in Marmol....you'll enjoy it. 2.) Z Fortune in the Derby, you heard it here first. 3.) Gonna have pancakes for lunch...fuck, yeah, IHOP like a mutha. 4.) DBT on Saturday...anyone else going? 5.) Paul Konerko's hand is so hurt that he can't even hold a damn bat...WTF, man...just go on the DL, move the Swish to first, bring up Jerry Owens and get the hand healthy, sheesh....not so hard.
I'm not the one that tapes Swiss Cake Rolls to the underside of the toilet....Snacky Onassis.

#26915 Complain

Complain

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3463 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:03 AM

sounds like a carpenter bee.
Posted Image

No worries then, eventually it'll starve to death.

All my life i wanted to be black.
Until i saw your picture, now i wanna be you.

http://www.myspace.com/hipbyproxy

#26916 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26917 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

5. so here's my idea, five-thingers. see this flyer below? let's have a big junta/pow-wow/get together will all the new babies and stuff, hoist a few beers, and together we can enjoy the greatest rock band on earth, Frightened Rabbit. who's down with this?

In.

#26918 Vivian Darkbloom

Vivian Darkbloom

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

Posted Image

Werd to the mother. Played this not two days ago. The 13 minutes epic "Sex Machine" is my shit.

Also huge:

Posted Image
The God of language forgives all crimes. -W.H. Auden ***** Anthony B, Independent, March 16 Black Mountain, Rickshaw Stop, March 20 Earthless, Wooden Shjips, Cafe du Nord, March 28 Mastodon, Kylesa, Intronaut, Great American Music Hall, April 19 Opeth, Enslaved, Regency Grand Ballroom, May 14 Sun Kil Moon, Great American Music Hall, May 29

#26919 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

5. so here's my idea, five-thingers. see this flyer below? let's have a big junta/pow-wow/get together will all the new babies and stuff, hoist a few beers, and together we can enjoy the greatest rock band on earth, Frightened Rabbit. who's down with this?

In.

well, Biggie, looks like it's gonna be just your family and me.

fun.

#26920 gwa

gwa

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2071 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

In.

well, Biggie, looks like it's gonna be just your family and me.

fun.

Count me in. Rocking that day from FR to TL.