Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

you guys both throw like girls.

where has GinNY been?

i'll throw you thru a fucking window.

There's a word for that, man - it's called "defenestrate". It means to throw something through a window. Can you tell it's slow day today at the office? :mellow:
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#27202 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

you guys both throw like girls.

where has GinNY been?

i'll throw you thru a fucking window.

There's a word for that, man - it's called "defenestrate". It means to throw something through a window. Can you tell it's slow day today at the office? :mellow:

"defenestrate" seems like a really great word to describe a loose bowel movement. i'm gonna use it now instead the term "skitters"

#27203 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

I try to teach the Kraken a new word & he insists on using it improperly. Somtimes I wonder why I even bother...

Posted Image
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#27204 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:13 PM

i love it when you call me The Kraken.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

#27205 -Blank-

-Blank-

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

I try to teach the Kraken a new word & he insists on using it improperly. Somtimes I wonder why I even bother...

Posted Image

Take it easy Ray Peterson.

Pay the Kraken to install that tile.....

#27206 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

Ray T. Peterson (April 23, 1935 January 25, 2005) was an American pop music singer.

Ray Peterson was born in Denton, Texas on April 23, 1935. As a boy he had to overcome polio. Blessed with a 4.5-octave singing voice, he embedded his voice to become the Golden Voice of Rock and Roll. Peterson moved to Los Angeles, California where he was signed by RCA Victor Records in 1957. He recorded several songs that were minor hits until "The Wonder of You" made it into the Billboard Top Thirty list (June 15, 1959). The song would later be recorded by Elvis Presley with whom he became close friends.

Laying tile is tuff gong, man. Apparently you've got to start somewhere other than a corner or something.

#27207 -Blank-

-Blank-

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

Ray T. Peterson (April 23, 1935 January 25, 2005) was an American pop music singer.

Ray Peterson was born in Denton, Texas on April 23, 1935. As a boy he had to overcome polio. Blessed with a 4.5-octave singing voice, he embedded his voice to become the Golden Voice of Rock and Roll. Peterson moved to Los Angeles, California where he was signed by RCA Victor Records in 1957. He recorded several songs that were minor hits until "The Wonder of You" made it into the Billboard Top Thirty list (June 15, 1959). The song would later be recorded by Elvis Presley with whom he became close friends.

Laying tile is tuff gong, man. Apparently you've got to start somewhere other than a corner or something.

Posted Image

#27208 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image

i think you might have meant to post this instead:

Posted Image

#27209 -Blank-

-Blank-

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

Posted Image

i think you might have meant to post this instead:

Posted Image

only if he opts for Buffalo Grove.

#27210 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

Flipped over to our Window to the World earlier tonight & saw the Geography Bee, right? So this lady comes out onstage and before Alex Trebek could say a word I confidently said to my missus: "That's a kukaburra...it's Australian". I don't know if I spelled the name of the bird correctly but I was right & the wifey was all impressed. I put the remote down & bragged about how I was going to smoke these kids. Say wha'?! These 11 and 13 year olds were lights out - they were answering questions about fucking tiny mountain ranges next to Lake Whoseyourdaddy where indigeneous peoples speak with their thumbs. Unreal. I only got, like, 5 more correct out of maybe 15 or 20 questions.

Then we watched Walk Hard. Our pop culture experience, despite living pretty much smack dab in the middle of the 3rd largest city in the country, is sort of like living in Eau Claire, Wisconsin or maybe some Wyoming town - we're typically 6 to 8 months late to the party. Really funny movie, though. "You never paid for drugs. Not once!"

#27211 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

1. Alan, that's only 2 things you think...

2. just got back from Indiana Jones with Mrs Simakos. it was fun, some the special effects at the end were just way too over the top. Village North did not have the A/C on... yuck.

3. i can't bring myself to turn on our A/C yet... it just feels wrong.

4. i think i ate 6 sausages yesterday at that BBQ.

5. tomorrow is the big day at the potential new gig... i'm working a half day with the designers and then they will finally make a decision. not really nervous, which is odd.

#27212 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

i think i ate 6 sausages yesterday at that BBQ.

You know how filthy hotel remote controls & movie theater headrests are? Yeah, imagine the headrests at Village North Theater. I reckon they look like 3 week old steak left out in the sun, just teeming with squirming grubs and moist, shiny insects.

Flip-side: dude's house is so neat. I dug on the old, original windows and all the other original trim inside in addition to a tricked out kitchen. They really did a whiz-bang job. Speaking of trim, that chick who heard me singing that Replacements deep cut to the Boy? She totally wanted to do it in the road.

Our AC's been on for maybe 15 minutes & I'd say it's already 8 or 9 degrees cooler in our crib.

#27213 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:32 PM

You know how filthy hotel remote controls & movie theater headrests are? Yeah, imagine the headrests at Village North Theater. I reckon they look like 3 week old steak left out in the sun, just teeming with squirming grubs and moist, shiny insects.

they just re-upholstered actually.... my only complaint with that dumpy little theater is the old sound system, other than that, i love that place. they use real butter.

#27214 ginNY

ginNY

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

i'm not down on the somb simakos...don't speak for me... i'm actually working my ass off--don't have time to put up old tom hanks movie posters frightened rabbit and M83 this week! excited! i have so much to accomplish this week at work, i want to crawl under a rock good luck simakos and soon to be congrats

#27215 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

simakos, we found you a new hat yesterday:

Posted Image

#27216 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10088 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

they just re-upholstered actually.... my only complaint with that dumpy little theater is the old sound system, other than that, i love that place. they use real butter.

A theater just reopened in my town, which had been closed since the 50s. I think I'll be going to the movies a lot more often now that it's there--they totally modernized it but left the main house looking as authentically art deco as possible.

Biggie, your little guy is still adorable.

#27217 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, no doubt - Little Biggieman is pretty hardcore. Big ups to Little Biggie!

Resting your head on a theater head rest is no different than shaking a brown paper bag full of ticks, lice & dead, flaky bumscalp skin into your mouth like Pringles. Only fools rest their head on theater head rests. The theater itself, the one Simakos is talking about, isn't all bad, though - for $15 or $20 you can get two first-run tickets, two medium sodas and a bag of popcorn. Not bad at all, it being the '90s and shit.

Every once in awhile I think back to that B.R.M.C. show where dudes walked out into the street & played into the night for a wandering crowd...man, am I bummed I missed that show.

#27218 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10088 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

Alan, I know what you're saying but if you keep thinking along those lines you'll turn into Howard Hughes (without as much cash).

Show of hands--how many people have had head lice? I never have--not that I go to that many movies1--but still.

1Or been a plane or train passenger all that often, either

#27219 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

i'm not down on the somb simakos...don't speak for me...

good luck simakos and soon to be congrats

okay, sorry

don't jinx it!

simakos, we found you a new hat yesterday:

Posted Image

ha

#27220 musicgurl

musicgurl

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

1. Good luck Sinakos. 2. I need a new job STAT. My nutso manager has just ticked me off one too many damn times. UGH! I am done with that bakery. 3. Anyone need a full time baker with pastry training? 4. In the apartment above mine there is a toddler that spends about 19 hours a day running around the apartment and having full blown on the floor meltdowns. I have to say it's the best birth control EVER. 5. The next building I move into must contain nothing but infertile couples and lonely singletons. Less noise that way. :P
Elbow Deep In Chocolate Daily "Beauty is only a light switch away." - Chef Dale "And in the words of Albert Schweitzer...I fancy you." - Eddie Izzard "I haven't felt this devastated since Krakow was left standing with his bike, and Jordan Catalano pulled away with Angela." -- Janeane Garofalo