27679 replies to this topic

#5501 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10081 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:47 PM

1. go see The Illusionist. great story and an amazing movie... Paul Giamatti is fast becoming one of my favorite actors.

Did you notice in Sideways when they flashed on the pic of him & his family, it really was Bart Giamatti as the dad? :)

hey, i'm going to hobby lobby in the burbs at lunchtime today. i'll check on prices for ya -- gimme exact sizes. anyone else need something?

the sizes i need are 12X24 and 19X24. they are impossible to find!

i wonder if the crafty beaver has frames.

Do they have Aaron Brothers Art Mart in Chicago? There you can get modular frame pieces of the length you want (like 2 that are 19", and 2 that are 24", put them together and hey presto! Then you just need the glass, they'll do it for you there too. Get UV protected. And non-glare if there's a window anywhere around.

#5502 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:52 PM

1) Posted Image

I do the Rock, myself.

Posted Image

Invigorating, isn't it?
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S.
Posted Image

Should have stayed home and drank beer instead of going to work today.

Now Playing: Brahms, Symphony No 2; Giulini - Wiener

Heh heh, he said "Wiener"...

#5503 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10081 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:01 PM

5. After getting home & taking a shower I accidentally kicked the bottom of a door & half ripped my big toe nail off. OWOWOWOWOWOW! I washed the blood out & cleaned it with Hydrogen Peroxide, owowowow! It's all purple already, but it'll be weeks before I'll lose the nail.

OWOWOWOWOWOW!

Reading about it made one of my chakras clam up.

I

GOT

THE

JOB!

Time to celebrate!!!

Congrats!! Uh, I guess you're going to accept the offer? ;)

My maiden name is #54, I didn't realize it was so common. My married name is #21,368.

#5504 rudayo

rudayo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:04 PM

Lots of stuff going on today. Just found out I have a little over 2 weeks to build a 2007 plan for my department. I think I'm hooked on the meatball sub sandwiches from the satellite lunch place in our building. I will need to alternate between them and my build your own chicken salad from the salad bar. Yeah, the salad bar. Cafeteria here doesn't charge by the ounce. Suckers!! I make my own buffalo chicken salad. But instead of fried chicken, they have roasted, and instead of bleu cheese dressing, I use the buffalo sauce they supply for the chicken fingers (which are fried, which is why I don't get them), and I add snow peas (not because it goes well, but because I like them). I use lot's of chicken and dressing. I still can't get sick of The Go! Team. Crud. Even the smaller pants I bought last month are getting loose. I would like to get at least one season out of them.

#5505 red

red

bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9490 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:05 PM

Thanks, Velocity and everyone else! As of twenty minutes ago the offer was officially accepted. I start September 5th.

Red is right

#5506 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:07 PM

Thanks, Velocity and everyone else! As of twenty minutes ago the offer was officially accepted. I start September 5th.

AWESOME! CONGRATS ON THE JORB!
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#5507 rudayo

rudayo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:09 PM

So where are you celebrating after your last day? How did your boss handle the news?

#5508 LA Mat

LA Mat

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:09 PM

3. I have soooooo much basil right now. I told my mom I wanted to make some pesto, so she brought me a garbage bag full on Saturday afternoon. Made a double batch yesterday morning, half of whci went to my mother-in-law, and caprese for 15 yesterday afternoon, but I still must have about five or six cups left. Fuck.

freeze it or give it to me. I want to make some but I don't have a food processor

#5509 thrillho

thrillho

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4357 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:10 PM

I start September 5th.

So where are you celebrating after your last day? How did your boss handle the news?

yea, red. you need to have a five things you think about ending your new job party. with beer. at hopleaf.

#5510 LA Mat

LA Mat

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:16 PM

1. my surname is the 60th most common in america!! i'm #60!!! what are you?

4. watched jackass: the movie yesterday. its so awesome each time. cant wait for number 2. wheeee.
when is it coming out

Congrats Red.

#5511 red

red

bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9490 posts

yea, red. you need to have a five things you think about ending your new job party. with beer. at hopleaf.

i haven't given the news yet. I'm gonna give my notice to my supervisor at the end of the day, but I will not see my boss until tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm so nervous...it's gonna be a really tense two weeks around this joint.

As for the celebration, I have to think about that. Probably not hopleaf...I don't drink beer due to my annoying wheat intollerance and general dislike of the taste. But I'll definitely let you all know. Keep the suggestions coming. ;)

Red is right

#5512 LA Mat

LA Mat

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Side Street Saloon

#5513 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:18 PM

i haven't given the news yet. I'm gonna give my notice to my supervisor at the end of the day, but I will not see my boss until tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm so nervous...it's gonna be a really tense two weeks around this joint.

As for the celebration, I have to think about that. Probably not hopleaf...I don't drink beer due to my annoying wheat intollerance and general dislike of the taste. But I'll definitely let you all know. Keep the suggestions coming. ;)

my ol lady had the same deal last week when she gave her notice. it'll be just fine red.

roofparty

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#5514 thrillho

thrillho

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4357 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:20 PM

As for the celebration, I have to think about that. Probably not hopleaf...I don't drink beer due to my ... general dislike of the taste.

YOU ARE SUCH A GIRL. the obvious suggestion is high dive.

...pumpkin beer.

okay, so i kinda like this decemberists album after the second listen.

reading old [live]journal entries from when your life wasnt a steaming piece of shit is weird and depressing.

biggie, please make me a vat of pesto and deliver it to my door. plz.

#5515 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:27 PM

please, plz.

lol.

#5516 ginNY

ginNY

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:27 PM

Tevere, as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US. does ^^^ mean i'm a unique? congrats RED having friends in town from home has been great fun! Lots of laughing...cannot be beat! i miss mr. and mrs. simakos i was whistling "you make me feel like dancin', i want to dance the night away" on the way to work this morning...A- I don't even like that song... B- why was it in my head? i don't listen to disco? weird

#5517 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:30 PM

Tevere, as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US.

does ^^^ mean i'm a unique?

No more than Simakos or Freelance.
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S.
Posted Image

Should have stayed home and drank beer instead of going to work today.

Now Playing: Brahms, Symphony No 2; Giulini - Wiener

Heh heh, he said "Wiener"...

#5518 red

red

bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9490 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:31 PM

Tevere, as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US.

or my last name, which is a secret.

Red is right

#5519 Guest_NumberTenOx_*

Guest_NumberTenOx_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:43 PM

or my last name, which is a secret.

Rumplestiltskin. Or Rumpleman's. I know it's one of those two.

#5520 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:48 PM

1. Aneg & Mat - I have five cups of basil to deal with, not pesto. But if I do make more pesto with it, I'll give you some. Seriously. 2. Going on a Canadian camping/fish expedition next summer with my brother-in-law and nephews. Going to be fun. 3. Having a stand mixer is amazing. 4. Skinny, is your gf going to be working at the bank now? That would be pretty funny. 5. I want to be a Tuscan butcher.