27679 replies to this topic

#12161 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:24 PM

This should go in the "Things I Hate" list but I just got off the phone with Jimmy John's (the sandwich place) trying to place an order for delivery. Hey, somebody deserves a gold star for putting non-English speakers on the telephone!

"...and no tomato"

"Pickle?"

"Nah, no tomtato!"

"Oh, no tomato"

*writes down xtra tomato*

that's usually how my orders end up. My bad luck with food orders is world famous.
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#12162 Alky 2009

Alky 2009

lover's rock

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4533 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, there's this guy at my nearest Subway that makes me cringe everytime I realize its him that will be making my sandwich. Dude is completely clueless and cannot speak English AT ALL. I'm really not trying to be on any uppity, immigrant hate here or anything - but if one of the primary aspects of your job is speaking to and communicating with the general public, speak the effing language. I literally have to wave my arms and gesture wildly to get something that sorta resembles the sandwich I want. Apparently, in his language, no cheese means extra cheese. Every. Fucking. Time.
"Mellow... but not smooth... kinda shitty."
"Jimmy Buffett..."

Posted Image

#12163 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:50 PM

Wait a minute...hold up, here. You don't get cheese on your sandwich? THAT, my friend, is almost as un-American as illiteracy. Shame on you...do people throw red paint at you as you leave the Subway sandwich shop?
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#12164 Alky 2009

Alky 2009

lover's rock

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4533 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

Depends on the sandwich.
"Mellow... but not smooth... kinda shitty."
"Jimmy Buffett..."

Posted Image

#12165 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

Whatever...these colors don't run, pal.

Posted Image
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#12166 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:01 PM

But c'mon...Charlie Daniels? He was the Kid Rock of his day.

This is where Montana would say something like "get away from those city bus fumes and breathe some fresh country air." Charlie Daniels is the real deal, city boy!

#12167 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:03 PM

And it would be one of those rare times that he is right.

#12168 thrillho

thrillho

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4357 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:06 PM

Wait a minute...hold up, here. You don't get cheese on your sandwich?

THAT, my friend, is almost as un-American as illiteracy. Shame on you...do people throw red paint at you as you leave the Subway sandwich shop?

i NEVER get cheese on my sandwiches, especially from subway. something about their cheese just rubs me the wrong way.

i live like 40 feet from a subway so, needless to say id go in there a lot (and steal their wireless!) until they guy behind the counter started recognizing me and my sandwich. thats creepy.

#12169 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:08 PM

until they guy behind the counter started recognizing me and my sandwich. thats creepy.

"Hey, here comes Ms. 12 inch double meat..."
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#12170 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:32 PM

Do they have to make vitamins taste so bad? Bleurgh...And do English people really need to pronounce it "vid-ah-mins"? Try a little harder, huh? We're just trying to help... I've been poisoned by those cat photos - I read Aneg's post and it rearranged itself into: IM IN UR SBWAY STLNG UR WRLSSES! edit: outside of Mark Lanegan's mom I bet I've got the most exhaustive Mark Lanegan record collection going...man, does this guy have pipes...

#12171 Seamus

Seamus

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5301 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:58 PM

Apparently, in his language, no cheese means extra cheese.

Is he Czech?

'No' means 'yeah' over there, you know.

No, for real.

Somehow, I doubt this guy's Czech.

Great, now I want a Pilsner Urquell...way to go!

#12172 rudayo

rudayo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

I may be (probably) retarded, but why do shoes end up on telephone wires?

Lots of times, depending on the neighborhood, they represent gang territories.

#12173 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:52 PM

Thrown up there by MC Serch after he tells the owner to "STEP OFF."

#12174 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

3. where should we drink in chicago this friday?

how about Danny's? i haven't been there in a while...

Anybody seen Who Killed The Electric Car? It's up next in the Seamus household (my wife is less than interested).

i've seen a little of this, it's in my netflix queue too. watched JESUS CAMP last nite, holy shit those Evangelical motherfuckers are gonna fuck up this whole country with their fundamental right wing mix of jesus and politics. they are scare the shit out of me. be afraid, be very afraid.

i just had Opart (the one on Cermak) for lunch. yum. any of you guys ever have that dessert they have that's just coconut milk, sugar, and bananas served hot? wow.

i just bummed a menthol off of a friend here and now i feel like i'm at Jimmy's on Lincoln Highway looking at strippers with c-section scars.

going to see Do Make Say Think sat nite at the bottle. excited...

#12175 musicgurl

musicgurl

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:22 PM

Thrown up there by MC Serch after he tells the owner to "STEP OFF."

Hallejuah. Holla Back. :lol:
Elbow Deep In Chocolate Daily "Beauty is only a light switch away." - Chef Dale "And in the words of Albert Schweitzer...I fancy you." - Eddie Izzard "I haven't felt this devastated since Krakow was left standing with his bike, and Jordan Catalano pulled away with Angela." -- Janeane Garofalo

#12176 thrillho

thrillho

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4357 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

going to see Do Make Say Think sat nite at the bottle. excited...

whoa. i didnt even know they were coming here. ugh i wanna go!

#12177 LA Mat

LA Mat

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:45 PM

1. anna nicole's baby's daddies should have just gone on Maury and gotten it over with. 2. Reason I don't gamble muxh? losing $20 would make me more upset than winning $20 would make me happy. 3. that said maybe I'll bet on the cavs heat game on sunday. who do you like? 4. One of the folks I'm travelling with says his last name is on a government watch list cause it is the same as a suspected terrorist. I told him I'd meet him at the gate. 5. fucking mgm grand charges $35 to use the fitness center. better by for the whole stay otherwise they can shove it. but nothing cures a hangover like a short run on the treadmill then steam,pool, jacuzzi, shower combo

#12178 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:48 PM

3. that said maybe I'll bet on the cavs heat game on sunday. who do you like?

combo

Cavs. D-Wade wrecked his shoulder last night.

#12179 LA Mat

LA Mat

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:11 PM

just saw it on espn

#12180 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

Ticky tack - so soft I couldn't believe the kid was weeping on the court & had to be wheeled off...must've had a partial tear or disconnect that a gentle bump completed the damage. In other words: just anotha' NBA sissy!