27679 replies to this topic

#17961 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

- They're filming Batman in and around the building I work in this week. - Baby ultrasounds are awesome. Love to the see the little guy on the big screen. - Ready for NBA and NFL to start. - I fucked up the Gauls last night on the puter. - Hope skinny gets some sleep.

#17962 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

Remember when you poured water over that bitch's head at Lolla? Wish I'd have seen that.

I did see it. And it was embarassing. He terrorized a theater nerd, fer cryin' out loud -- she gets a few drops of water on him? He throws the remainder of his beer in her face then dumps a bottle of water over her head.

I walked past her an hour later or so and her carefully sculpted hair-do was all flat & wet -- have to admit that made me chuckle.

In her face.

#17963 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

- They're filming Batman in and around the building I work in this week.

take pictures

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#17964 fffffffff

fffffffff

Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7182 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

- They're filming Batman in and around the building I work in this week.

take pictures

sweet. next weekend i'll be doing that extra thinge veryone shit upon. i'll totes report back and try to get stealthy cameraphone pics.

#17965 54cermak

54cermak

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3007 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:32 PM

5. I'm going to be a mess Friday. Good thing I only have a half day.

Me too, unfortunately its just for a dentist appointment.

#17966 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

Good luck, Freddie, in not being a joiner. Unlike the proverbial monk with a skull to remind him of his mortality...you don't need the reminders.

It's not a joiner thing or a mortality thing, it's an anger thing bordering on rage thing. I was (unsuccessfully) raised Catholic, so seeing the Church cover up & lie about Priests raping children (Its not "abuse," its someone in a position of authority taking sexual advantage of a child. This is Rape. Let's all say it together: These Priests Raped Children), protecting these child rapists by moving them from parish to parish (even overseas when things got too hot to keep these Priests in the US) where they were allowed to rape more children, using delaying tactics & legal mumbo jumbo to protect themselves from the consequences of these actions, and now that they're finally being forced to face the music they're scrambling to cover their assets with Chapter 11 Bankruptcy! San Diego is probably going to fail their attempted Chapter 11 filing; they're accused of hiding assets, property & bank accounts, property appraisals undervalued by millions of dollars, mishandling of funds, transferring funds to parishes after the filing, misstatement of who owns what under the law, etc.

How many Priests knew about these rapes? There are the Priests who performed these atrocities, their immediate superiors who moved them from parish to parish, those superiors' superiors who OKed the moves, the confessors of all these Priests, and their confessors, and their confessors. Someone somewhere along that line should've said "This is wrong, this needs to Stop. You need to go to the Police and tell them what you've done."

I think every Priest & Prelate in the World need to get together and perform the Confiteor & Mea Culpa before the whole world. That could be a start.
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S.
Posted Image

Should have stayed home and drank beer instead of going to work today.

Now Playing: Brahms, Symphony No 2; Giulini - Wiener

Heh heh, he said "Wiener"...

#17967 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:37 PM

- Baby ultrasounds are awesome. Love to the see the little guy on the big screen.

Pictures please?
Posted Image

#17968 Great American

Great American

Lurker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:42 PM

some of you guyz are really creepy

#17969 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

- Baby ultrasounds are awesome. Love to the see the little guy on the big screen.

Pictures please?

Dont have any on the puter.

#17970 fenderbassman

fenderbassman

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

Good luck, Freddie, in not being a joiner. Unlike the proverbial monk with a skull to remind him of his mortality...you don't need the reminders.

It's not a joiner thing or a mortality thing, it's an anger thing bordering on rage thing. I was (unsuccessfully) raised Catholic, so seeing the Church cover up & lie about Priests raping children (Its not "abuse," its someone in a position of authority taking sexual advantage of a child. This is Rape. Let's all say it together: These Priests Raped Children), protecting these child rapists by moving them from parish to parish (even overseas when things got too hot to keep these Priests in the US) where they were allowed to rape more children, using delaying tactics & legal mumbo jumbo to protect themselves from the consequences of these actions, and now that they're finally being forced to face the music they're scrambling to cover their assets with Chapter 11 Bankruptcy! San Diego is probably going to fail their attempted Chapter 11 filing; they're accused of hiding assets, property & bank accounts, property appraisals undervalued by millions of dollars, mishandling of funds, transferring funds to parishes after the filing, misstatement of who owns what under the law, etc.

How many Priests knew about these rapes? There are the Priests who performed these atrocities, their immediate superiors who moved them from parish to parish, those superiors' superiors who OKed the moves, the confessors of all these Priests, and their confessors, and their confessors. Someone somewhere along that line should've said "This is wrong, this needs to Stop. You need to go to the Police and tell them what you've done."

I think every Priest & Prelate in the World need to get together and perform the Confiteor & Mea Culpa before the whole world. That could be a start.

Let's say Starbucks got caught 100's (maybe 1,000's) of times molesting children- would you stop going to Starbucks? That's easy, I'd never go back.

Now replace Starbucks in the above sentence with 'Catholic Church.'

Bottom line: no priests (or clowns for that matter <see John Wayne Gacey>) are coming near any of my children ever.

#17971 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

#17972 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

you should just put that in your signature

hell, we all should

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#17973 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:42 PM

you should just put that in your signature

hell, we all should

Done.
Posted Image

#17974 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

1. Really want to see Joe Satriani's Surfing with the Alien 20th anniversary tour at House of Blues this week, but it's a fucking weekday early show, the bane of my existence. And it's 35 bucks.

2. Today at work I'm wearing jeans, nike vandals, and a wrinkled, untucked shirt. Three cheers for Not Giving a Fuck Anymore.

3. It's official: Humberto Brenes is a scourge on poker. Even the crowd had enough of his antics on last night's WSOP broadcast.

4. I wonder if waiting as long as possible to piss on a daily basis would train my bladder to last for an entire rock show.

5. Cheap sushi in the city? Suggestions, people.

#17975 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

5. Cheap sushi

I have been told by more than one Japanese person to never eat cheap sushi, and I trust them.

#17976 gwa

gwa

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2071 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:49 PM

5. Cheap sushi in the city? Suggestions, people.

Green Tea! After listening to a friend rave about it for months, I finally tried it with said friend. It's all super, super fresh. The rainbow roll might be the best maki I've ever had. In any case, $58 for too much food for the two of us.

I keep hearing about these mythical $25 sushi buffets, but I've yet to try one. (Edit: Apparently, Shiroi Hana is one.)

#17977 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:49 PM

I have been told by more than one Japanese person to never eat cheap sushi, and I trust them.

Understood. Relatively cheap. I just want to pay for fish, not ambience/locale.

#17978 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:51 PM

What sucks is that I went to an awesome, reasonably-priced sushi place last year and I can't even remember what neighborhood it's in, much less the name.

#17979 gwa

gwa

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2071 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:52 PM

What sucks is that I went to an awesome, reasonably-priced sushi place last year and I can't even remember what neighborhood it's in, much less the name.

Were you drunk? Keep trying. I'm sure one of us can name the place if you name the 'hood.

#17980 fffffffff

fffffffff

Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7182 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

I keep hearing about these mythical $25 sushi buffets, but I've yet to try one. (Edit: Apparently, Shiroi Hana is one.)

todai in schaumberg is another. everyone at work raves about it.