27679 replies to this topic

#19361 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10085 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:25 PM

Everyone says it's amped up 80s metal? I hate 80s metal...say something reassuring?

[

Velocity- the Witchcraft is not amped up 80's metal at all. It's massively throwback period 72' proto metal. It basically sounds like Black Sabbath Vol. 4 with more proggy psychedelic touches. It fucking rules.

And no, Montana, the vocals do not bear more than a superficial resemblance to Mssr. Morrison. Sure, he croons a little. But he sounds way more like Roky Erickson and Ozzy's fey little Hobbit-rocking love child. He has great phrasing and intonation.

Hm, thanks Viv. Not crazy about Sabbath either--it's so prissy. Yeah, I'm particular about metal & will check this out just in case.

#19362 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:07 AM

anybody know anything about Illinois Unemployment Insurance? seriously.

I was actually able to collect unemployment after being let go by the Blue Kings.

This was, like, nine years ago but the system was pretty much a no-brainer.

Not sure if it's changed.

Spent the entire summer of '98 playing Super Mario and watching the World Cup (on the Spanish language station) with my two fellow slacker-musician roommates.

That was a fucking great year.

BE MY FRIEND...

#19363 musicgurl

musicgurl

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:40 AM

Simakos, sorry about the job but it sounds like you are so much better off not working at that place. I would have voted for you to trash the place but that's just me being vindictive. Kudos for being the bigger person. *raises glass* Here's to moving on to bigger and better things. :)
Elbow Deep In Chocolate Daily "Beauty is only a light switch away." - Chef Dale "And in the words of Albert Schweitzer...I fancy you." - Eddie Izzard "I haven't felt this devastated since Krakow was left standing with his bike, and Jordan Catalano pulled away with Angela." -- Janeane Garofalo

#19364 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:10 PM

i feel better today, thanks. fuck that place.

#19365 Seamus

Seamus

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5301 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:39 PM

BE MY FRIEND...

Dude, already there.

Nice.

#19366 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

i'm glad you're alright man.

Keep your head up and those unemployment checks rolling in!
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#19367 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:21 PM

just got back from a nice run and now it's time to settle back with a 12er of Tecates, some magic turkey burgers and the Cubbers. 1 nuthing Cubbies....let's play two indeed. no babies today...boooo that's three one more.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#19368 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:32 PM

no babies today...boooo

yeah, boo to that...

#19369 -Blank-

-Blank-

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:13 PM

no babies today...boooo

yeah, boo to that...

be my friend.....

#19370 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:40 PM

high dive tomorrow

#19371 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:16 AM

high dive today.

"Posted Image

#19372 red

red

bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9490 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:49 AM

high dive this afternoon

Red is right

#19373 Vivian Darkbloom

Vivian Darkbloom

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

high dive tomorrow

high dive today.

high dive this afternoon

Holy Diver!

Posted Image
The God of language forgives all crimes. -W.H. Auden ***** Anthony B, Independent, March 16 Black Mountain, Rickshaw Stop, March 20 Earthless, Wooden Shjips, Cafe du Nord, March 28 Mastodon, Kylesa, Intronaut, Great American Music Hall, April 19 Opeth, Enslaved, Regency Grand Ballroom, May 14 Sun Kil Moon, Great American Music Hall, May 29

#19374 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:35 PM

high dive earlier today.

-blank- was a no-show again. big surprise.

#19375 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10085 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:07 AM

Isn't he a newlywed? You know how it is...

#19376 gwa

gwa

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2071 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:20 AM

Vodka and tater tots: The new beer goggles. Y'all looked hot yesterday. Not that you're not. You know what I'm saying.

I heart the High Dive.

#19377 red

red

bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9490 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:27 AM

Vodka and tater tots: The new beer goggles. Y'all looked hot yesterday. Not that you're not. You know what I'm saying.

I heart the High Dive.

Vodka and tater tots: The new ipecac. I'll never drink again.

Posted Image

Red is right

#19378 gwa

gwa

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2071 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:33 AM

Posted Image

Goddammit, the foxy ones are always gay.

#19379 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:41 AM

ugh i broke my brain yesterday.

"Posted Image

#19380 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:04 AM

Five things I think about Vampire Weekend: - Finally got around to checking this out over the weekend: A Special New Band. - Sounds like a bunch of ivy league-cape cod-Conan O'Brien-rich boy motherfuckers that I'd like to stab in the neck, but I can't deny how great they are. - When did Jonathan Richman become so cool again? I love all these indie rockers having fun. - Tom Tom Club, Talking Heads, Paul Simon in the eighties. Graceland. Hahaha. - Please tour with Jens Lekman Five things I think about the Bears: - The running backs need to pick up the blitz. - D. Hester is like watching a great jazz artist improvise. - Bensen showed me something. - Grossman, please die. - If this game was against a good team, we would have lost. Five thing in general: - Love the weather. - I have pretty much every hip hop record ever released sitting at home waiting for me right now. - A bunch of old house and reggae and soul and jazz, too. - Watched football all day yesterday. - Not smoking again.