6385 replies to this topic

#6381 Saskadelphia

Saskadelphia

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6049 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

Sask, is the Cobalt EP worth getting too? I was going to order that w/ the album and since I can't remember my paypal password I have the chance to check in here first :\

You mean Landfill Breastmilk Beast? It's basically the Gin track "Stomach", a crusty cover of Nausea's "Extinction", and a big long ambient piece, which is an extension of the interludes heard on Eater of Birds. I don't know how much you're into ambient stuff, that forms the bulk of the EP.

If I were you, v., I would get The Devil's Blood EP, if you haven't heard it already. Total old school classic rawk done by Dutch Satanists. That's just my opinion, though!
http://www.myspace.com/thedevilsblood
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6382 WP64

WP64

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

My kidneys are most definitely raw at this point. The price is definitely fair but with my current balance of $0.00 worth of spending money I don't know if I can afford it at this point. Also, I heard that they may be making this into a vinyl so I might want to hold off for a while and see where that goes considering I recently dumped a good sum of money on a pretty sweet turntable. But yeah really great stuff.

#6383 Backslash M Forwardslash

Backslash M Forwardslash

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

Oh and a lot of talk about this Cobalt ablum I have been looking for a link and can't find one.

Some dummy leaked it, so it's out there, but listen to "Pregnant Insect" and "Arsonry" here, and if you're drawn to it, I highly suggest you head over to Profound Lore and order it. Their prices are always very fair, and this album is worth it. Believe me, your kidneys will be beaten to a pulp.

Yeah, I found the link and downloaded it. I'm guilt free, though, the copy I purchased from Profound Lore arrived today.

Also planning to actually pay for a copy of Kylesa as soon as it's available.....

Gotta keep these types of bands funded for future releases.

#6384 Saskadelphia

Saskadelphia

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6049 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

The new Amesoeurs leaked...if you like cool French black metal as well as goth/dark wave sung in French by a pretty-voiced girl, you'll dig this. It's an awesome album, that and Cobalt are my 09 faves so far.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6385 throughsilver

throughsilver

What happened last night?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:28 PM

I am intrigued. Someone else says it killages the Cobalt album. My words, not his.

Posted Image

#6386 Saskadelphia

Saskadelphia

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6049 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:43 PM

I am intrigued. Someone else says it killages the Cobalt album. My words, not his.

It's tough to compare both albums, they're totally different. One thing about the Amesoeurs is that there's a track of stripped-down, raw black metal that really sticks in my craw...not that it's a bad song, cos it really scorches, but it clashes with the melancholic, polished, gothy mood of the rest of the album. A very minor gripe, though, as I'm smitten with the whole thing.
Posted Image
Posted Image