#3503 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:21 PM

i had 2 double cheese in your honor
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#3504 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:22 PM

i'm back

#3505 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe Fuck Yourself.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11511 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

cool cat #2, 80s one-hit wonders. Jess starts this time. Apologies if this cat is on the hard side, I can't bring myself to write too many giveaway questions about a subject this close to my heart.
what does he file at the hall of records? a declaration of tortoise intent

#3506 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

bring it

#3507 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11511 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:24 PM

Question #1 for Little Jess: What synth-pop one-hit wonder had its fifteen minutes in the spotlight with a medley of two soul covers, one of Gloria Jones and one of the Supremes?

#3508 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:25 PM

tainted love

#3509 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11511 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:26 PM

uh, looking for the artist

#3510 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:27 PM

fuck i didn't even finish reading the question soft cell

#3511 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11511 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:29 PM

haha Question #2 for Hero: What group, named for a friend's distaste for a particular musical genre, had their only big hit with "Shattered Dreams" in 1987?

#3512 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:30 PM

i saw gloria jones and got excited

#3513 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:31 PM

johnny hates jazz! lol that name always made me laugh
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#3514 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11511 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:37 PM

correct Question #3 for Jess: What 80s one-off contains this unforgettable monologue? Hey hey baby how ya doin' come on in here Got some hot chocolate on the stove waiting for you Listen first things first let me hang up the coat Yeah how was your day today Did you miss me You did? Yeah? I missed you too I missed you so much I followed you today That's right now close your mouth 'Cause you cold busted Now just sit down here, sit down here I'm so upset with you I don't know what to do You know my first impulse was to run up on you And do a Rambo I was about to jam you and flat blast both of you But I didn't wanna mess up this thirt-seven hundred dollar lynx coat So instead I chilled -- That's right chilled I called up the bank and took out every dime. Than I cancelled all your credit cards... I stuck you up for every piece of jewelery I ever bought you! Don't go lookin' in that closet 'cause everything you came here with is packed up and waiting for you in the guest room. What were you thinking? You don't mess with [me]! I gave you silk suits, blue diamonds and gucci handbags. I gave you things you couldn't even pronounce! But now I can't give you nothing but advice. Cause you're still young, yeah, you're young. And you're gonna find somebody like me one of these days Until then, you know what you gotta do? You gotta get on outta here with that alley-cat-coat-wearing, punch-bucket-shoe-wearing crumbcake I saw you with. Cause youdismissed! That's right, Silly rabbit, tricks are made for kids, don't you know that. You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This is my world. You're just a squirrel trying to get a nut! Now get on outta here. Scat! Don't touch that coat... need an answer, Jess.

#3515 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

fuck

#3516 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11511 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

Hero can steal

#3517 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:39 PM

i remember the song, cos i thought that was hilarious is the title the rain?

Posted Image

"

#3518 BobtheSquid

BobtheSquid

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

the category is 24: things Jack Bauer says when pissed off

DAMN IT!

#3519 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

the category is 24: things Jack Bauer says when pissed off

DAMN IT!

that is correct!

Posted Image

"

#3520 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

i remember the song, cos i thought that was hilarious

is the title the rain?

oh you fucker THAT"S IT!!!