3833 replies to this topic

#3821 no magnets

no magnets

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4764 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:31 PM

and what is the dress code anyways? i'm not just talking about us, but i wanna see GDB in some kind of suit or outfit if he is the host

now you're just making up excuses. is someone going to have to dig up a rod roddy suit, or what?

#3822 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:15 PM

no excuses, i just thought since GDB is flying from NY, that we would make this count tape it and send it to VH1 and maybe we can get jobs on best week ever
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#3823 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe Fuck Yourself.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11511 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:29 AM

Hey Slackmo and Hero-- Any chance you guys wanna finish this up either late-afternoon/evening today (Sunday), afternoon/early evening Monday or afternoon Tuesday? I'm filming the second half of this week, and in the interest of not having shit karma, I'd like for my conscience to be clear of this whole debacle. And if not, I humbly ask for your sincere forgiveness for my slighting of the two of you in not declaring a clear victor of this contest. It really was not my intention to do as such and I tried several times to remedy this, but the circumstances were not in my favor and the further away from the start of the project the harder it was to raise the necessary level of interest and commitment. It was unfair, and were I in either of your shoes, I would probably be livid about the situation, so I can certainly understand if you felt likewise. I wholeheartedly apologize for my laziness and indecisiveness and if I can't make it right in time, I hope that both of you understand and that you don't hold it against me. That said, I really would like to wrap this up if possible, so let me know. -Andrew
what does he file at the hall of records? a declaration of tortoise intent

#3824 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:40 AM

This thread is still alive!?
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3825 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 07:49 AM

nothing ever dies on the SOMB

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#3826 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:16 AM

Hey Slackmo and Hero--

Any chance you guys wanna finish this up either late-afternoon/evening today (Sunday), afternoon/early evening Monday or afternoon Tuesday? I'm filming the second half of this week, and in the interest of not having shit karma, I'd like for my conscience to be clear of this whole debacle.

And if not, I humbly ask for your sincere forgiveness for my slighting of the two of you in not declaring a clear victor of this contest. It really was not my intention to do as such and I tried several times to remedy this, but the circumstances were not in my favor and the further away from the start of the project the harder it was to raise the necessary level of interest and commitment. It was unfair, and were I in either of your shoes, I would probably be livid about the situation, so I can certainly understand if you felt likewise. I wholeheartedly apologize for my laziness and indecisiveness and if I can't make it right in time, I hope that both of you understand and that you don't hold it against me.

That said, I really would like to wrap this up if possible, so let me know.

-Andrew

First off: You don't get to call yourself lazy. Ever. Also, you don't need to apologize to anyone around here, especially me. I only refuse to accept you apology because I refuse to accept the premise that you had anything to apolgize for. Don't sweat it--I knew we'd get it done eventually.

But if this is you trying to clear your WSOPC karma before apprearing on the real-life WSOPC, well, Nick to thread @ that. Karma be damned--you're going to walk with that thing in a laugher, provided you've picked the right teammates.

That being said, late afternoon today would be great, or tomorrow night. Tuesday afternoon's booked with a work obligation. (There is no circle of hell quite like listening to casting tapes of your poorly-written script for a radio ad, especially for a mundane client.)

Let's do this thing. I'd like to officially make Hero my bitch.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#3827 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:50 AM

GDB: no apologies ever needed. you've always been appreciated in my mind, although you've been shown lack of that by others. This afternoon looks good for me, I'm ready to bow down to Slackmo. G'luck in the Vh1 copycat version of our WSOPC ;)
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#3828 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11511 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

Hey guys-- Appreciated. I'd love to rock this thing this afternoon, but it'd have to be real late afternoon--like 5:00 at the earliest, possibly late as 6:00-6:30 (which I guess is technically into evening territory). If that's too late for you guys, fine, if not, see you then. Thanks for the kind words in any event.

#3829 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:16 AM

Let's light this candle
Posted Image

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#3830 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:19 AM

Hey guys--

Appreciated. I'd love to rock this thing this afternoon, but it'd have to be real late afternoon--like 5:00 at the earliest, possibly late as 6:00-6:30 (which I guess is technically into evening territory).

If that's too late for you guys, fine, if not, see you then.

Thanks for the kind words in any event.

5pm central time?

i'm still fine w/ that

Posted Image

"

#3831 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:36 AM

Yeah, no problem if it's a little later.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#3832 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11511 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:51 AM

solid, see you guys then

#3833 no magnets

no magnets

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4764 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

three coworkers were just running through "we are the world" singers in a very WSOPCesque tiebreaker fashion. it reminded me of this thread. good times.

#3834 PigSooie

PigSooie

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

When does this start back up?
Posted Image