3833 replies to this topic

#1901 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:05 PM

u guys were waaay too stoned while watching all those movies to remember a thing! hahaha
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#1902 Mad Clown

Mad Clown

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:08 PM

Good game, kmac.

#1903 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:10 PM

someone bring it on in a family guy challenege.....comeon
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#1904 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

Yeah, with only three slots left in the next round, it would suck to see two of them go to forfeits.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#1905 Music Saves

Music Saves

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:18 PM

Speaking of the next round, when is it supposed to start? I know a lot of us (me included) will be gone this weekend for Pitchfork, so should 2nd round action resume Monday morning, or it is just T.S. for us? If this was already discussed on an earlier page, forgive me, but enlighten me.
"The public are collectively fucking retarded." - tylerdurden74 "The world is filled with people who are no longer needed - and who try to make slaves of all of us - and they have their music and we have ours - theirs, the wasted songs of a superstitious nightmare - and without their musical and ideological miscarriages to compare our song of freedom to, we'd not have any opposite to compare music with - and like the drifting wind, hitting against no obstacle, we'd never know it's speed, it's power..." Woody Guthrie

#1906 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:18 PM

yeah, i really dont want to be 'that guy' who makes it in by default. i hate people who are 'that guy.'

#1907 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:19 PM

It would also suck to see Family Guy questions not used up.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#1908 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

Too nice for his own good

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13306 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:19 PM

Speaking of the next round, when is it supposed to start? I know a lot of us (me included) will be gone this weekend for Pitchfork, so should 2nd round action resume Monday morning, or it is just T.S. for us? If this was already discussed on an earlier page, forgive me, but enlighten me.

I don't believe that was discussed yet. Silly me expected this to end in one day at the most. :lol: I can't participate on a weekend.

"Is everyone on here just an act sometimes?"--Hummingbird

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

Also jabbering about music and movies at www.rateyourmusic.com

#1909 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:21 PM

yeah, i really dont want to be 'that guy' who makes it in by default. i hate people who are 'that guy.'

Hahaha, :lol: almost like a pity fuck?
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#1910 worrywort

worrywort

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3898 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:23 PM

Google Image search "That Guy" and pick one as your new avatar, because Looks like you'll be him
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1911 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe Fuck Yourself.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11509 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:24 PM

20 minutes are up. Congrats to Derek and Tystu for being "those guys that advanced on defaults". Anyone wanna challenge on one of the remaining categories?
what does he file at the hall of records? a declaration of tortoise intent

#1912 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:25 PM

fitting this comes as the second image on google when you search for 'that guy'

Posted Image

#1913 BRANDON BOYD FROM INCUBUS

BRANDON BOYD FROM INCUBUS

all sorts of chill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5776 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:26 PM

hey andrew, if you aren't doing anythign after the final person gets in, i'd like to take derek on in that category in an exhibition

#1914 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:26 PM

if i win, i will not feel guilty about being put into round 2 by default

#1915 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe Fuck Yourself.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11509 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:27 PM

sorry, if no one takes it, the category's going through to the next round.
what does he file at the hall of records? a declaration of tortoise intent

#1916 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

I wouldn't mind being that guy, under the right circumstances.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#1917 worrywort

worrywort

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3898 posts

Do NOT Yahoo image search!!!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1918 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

sorry, if no one takes it, the category's going through to the next round.

i can deal with that, as well

I wouldn't mind being that guy, under the right circumstances.

yeah, a pity fuck is cool.

a pity advancement, however, is not fun. but i will take it anyway.

#1919 tystu

tystu

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

That sucks... I was looking forward to the WC category as well as watching the Family Guy one.

#1920 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:31 PM

Do NOT Yahoo image search!!!!

WTF?!@?!?! :blink:

man, yahoo sucks

Posted Image

"