• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6912 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:20 AM

http://www.tmz.com/

Gibson's Anti-Semitic Tirade -- Alleged Cover Up

Posted Jul 28th 2006 9:15PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice

TMZ has learned that Mel Gibson went on a rampage when he was arrested Friday on suspicion of drunk driving, hurling religious epithets. TMZ has also learned that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department had the initial report doctored to keep the real story under wraps.

TMZ has four pages of the original report prepared by the arresting officer in the case, L.A. County Sheriff's Deputy James Mee. According to the report, Gibson became agitated after he was stopped on Pacific Coast Highway and told he was to be detained for drunk driving Friday morning in Malibu. The actor began swearing uncontrollably. Gibson repeatedly said, "My life is f****d." Law enforcement sources say the deputy, worried that Gibson might become violent, told the actor that he was supposed to cuff him but would not, as long as Gibson cooperated. As the two stood next to the hood of the patrol car, the deputy asked Gibson to get inside. Deputy Mee then walked over to the passenger door and opened it. The report says Gibson then said, "I'm not going to get in your car," and bolted to his car. The deputy quickly subdued Gibson, cuffed him and put him inside the patrol car.

Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother f****r. I'm going to f*** you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

The deputy became alarmed as Gibson's tirade escalated, and called ahead for a sergeant to meet them when they arrived at the station. When they arrived, a sergeant began videotaping Gibson, who noticed the camera and then said, "What the f*** do you think you're doing?"

A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

We're told Gibson took two blood alcohol tests, which were videotaped, and continued saying how "f****d" he was and how he was going to "f***" Deputy Mee.

Gibson was put in a cell with handcuffs on. He said he needed to urinate, and after a few minutes tried manipulating his hands to unzip his pants. Sources say Deputy Mee thought Gibson was going to urinate on the floor of the booking cell and asked someone to take Gibson to the bathroom.

After leaving the bathroom, Gibson then demanded to make a phone call. He was taken to a pay phone and, when he didn't get a dial tone, we're told Gibson threw the receiver against the phone. Deputy Mee then warned Gibson that if he damaged the phone he could be charged with felony vandalism. We're told Gibson was then asked, and refused, to sign the necessary paperwork and was thrown in a detox cell.

Deputy Mee then wrote an eight-page report detailing Gibson's rampage and comments. Sources say the sergeant on duty felt it was too "inflammatory." A lieutenant and captain then got involved and calls were made to Sheriff's headquarters. Sources say Mee was told Gibson's comments would incite a lot of "Jewish hatred," that the situation in Israel was "way too inflammatory." It was mentioned several times that Gibson, who wrote, directed, and produced 2004's "The Passion of the Christ," had incited "anti-Jewish sentiment" and "For a drunk driving arrest, is this really worth all that?"

We're told Deputy Mee was then ordered to write another report, leaving out the incendiary comments and conduct. Sources say Deputy Mee was told the sanitized report would eventually end up in the media and that he could write a supplemental report that contained the redacted information -- a report that would be locked in the watch commander's safe.

Initially, a Sheriff's official told TMZ the arrest occurred "without incident." On Friday night, Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told TMZ: "The L.A. County Sheriff's Department investigation into the arrest of Mr. Gibson on suspicion of driving under the influence will be complete and will contain every factual piece of evidence. Nothing will be sanitized. There was absolutely no favoritism shown to this suspect or any other. When this file is presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, it will contain everything. Nothing will be left out."

Gibson's rep Alan Nierob tells TMZ: "We are unaware of any of the information you mentioned in your email pertaining to a police report."

#2 Sickpup

Sickpup

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2893 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:46 AM

maybe not the smartest career move given that a ton of hollywood movie financiers are jewish. i hope he realizes that a good chunk of the profit from his hit movies have been undoubtedly been funneled into jewish charities...

#3 Ben

Ben

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3224 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:04 AM

The clash between conservative christians who hold sway with the purchasing public and and jewish executives in Hollywood is interesting as hell. Apparently, after Artisan entertainment's success with Passion, which came as a shock to most Hollywood types (read: Jews and blue-state agnostics), many of the companies are now hiring "consultants" to tell them what sort of stuff Gibson's audience will pay for. I think Undo needs to buy a suit and head for the hills. Beverly Hills. Tad Friend just wrote a similar article in the New Yorker about how the agent for Larry The Cable Guy and the Blue Collar comedy tour is struggled (and failed) to convince H'wood to get behind the Larry movie. These guys make tons of money out on the road, but remain totally unknown to Hollywood. The really interesting part to me, is how it seems that in the case of both Larry and Mel these Hollywood decisionmakers--if they are indeed concious of what they're doing--are putting their own political opinions about what's proper entertainment above their profit motive. I suppose the Narnia movie is thing to study here. But it doesn't seem that Hollywood has really jumped in line behind Passion to pander for bucks to religious audiences. Nor, for that matter, have they jumped in line behind the president and sought to cash in and propogandize for the war on terror, which Hollywood did in the past for America's earlier wars.
No, I'm Alpha Male.

#4 Stan Gable

Stan Gable

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:37 AM

How can you disagree with a guy that calls a woman "sugar tits" though?

#5 Ben

Ben

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3224 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:42 AM

I wonder if the tape will hit the Web.

July 29, 2006
Six Are Shot at Seattle Jewish Center
By WILLIAM YARDLEY and JODI RUDOREN

SEATTLE, July 28 — Five people were injured and one was killed Friday afternoon when a man who expressed anger toward Jews opened fire in the offices of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, the authorities said.

The Seattle Police did not identify the suspect. They said he was arrested 12 minutes after the first report came in to emergency dispatchers. At 4:03 p.m., according to Assistant Chief Nick Metz, dispatchers received a call saying people had been shot and hostages taken at the offices of the federation, a fund-raising and planning organization at the edge of downtown.

Two minutes later, 911 dispatchers were on the phone with the suspect, said Chief R. Gil Kerlikowske of the Seattle Police, at a news conference Friday night.

Because of what the suspect said in that conversation, which the chief would not disclose, the shootings are being treated as a hate crime, he said. Chief Kerlikowske said the suspect was Muslim.

The authorities said they did not think the suspect was acting as part of a terrorist group.

“We believe at this point that it’s just a lone individual acting out some kind of antagonism toward this particular organization,” said David Gomez, the Federal Bureau of Investigation agent who heads its counterterrorism unit in Seattle.

Mr. Gomez said his agency had been “monitoring” both Jewish and Muslim organizations, and reaching out to their leaders “for the last couple of weeks, since the beginning of hostilities in the Middle East.”

Frederick Dutt, an F.B.I. agent, said the agency had issued two bulletins, on July 21 and on Wednesday, urging “vigilance” at organizations and religious locations in light of the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah in the Middle East. “Not specific targets because we didn’t have that information, to be honest,” he said.

Mr. Dutt noted there was an attack on a mosque in Seattle after Sept. 11, 2001. And the F.B.I. investigated two mosques for ties to Al Qaeda.

Marla Meislin-Dietrich, who works in the federation’s development department but was not in the office at the time of the shooting, said a colleague told her that one shooting victim said she had heard the gunman say “that he was a Muslim-American and that he was angry at Israel.”

“That’s all I know,” said Ms. Meislin-Dietrich, who spent the day working — and learning to bake challah — at the home of Amy Wasser-Simpson, the federation’s vice president. “I talked to the person who was running out of the building with the person who was shot in the arm. She gave me the quote.”

“The news is quoting us, and we don’t know,” she added. “We don’t know who’s dead, we don’t know for sure.”

Sgt. Deanna Nollette of the police said she believed all of the victims were women.

Ms. Meislin-Dietrich said that about 25 people typically work in the group’s offices, which occupy the entire second floor of a modest building on Third Avenue in the Belltown neighborhood. Fewer were there Friday afternoon because of the onset of the Sabbath and because it is summer, she said.

The police found a vehicle they believed belonged to the suspect and planned to test it for explosives although they did not expect to find any, Chief Metz said.

The police closed off several blocks around the federation’s offices and briefly required people to stay inside other buildings nearby. At one point there was concern among people nearby that a gunman was on the rooftops, but Rich Pruitt, a spokesman for the Seattle Police, said those fears were unfounded.

The police said they recovered a handgun that the suspect put down before he surrendered.

Laura Laughlin, special agent in the F.B.I.’s Seattle office, said that the suspect was a United States citizen and that agents were interviewing his relatives.

Mayor Greg Nickels said at the news conference, “This is a crime of hate, and there’s no place for that in the city of Seattle.”

Asked whether the suspect had links to a local mosque, Mr. Nickels said, “He’s not a resident of the city, and we know of no other connection he has.”

No, I'm Alpha Male.

#6 undo

undo

future thug

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8964 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:21 PM

What is TMZ? A tabloid website? Something like the Drudge Report? A quick look at the homepage reveals nothing. Great photo, though.

#7 DrJimmy

DrJimmy

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6912 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

What is TMZ? A tabloid website?

basically, yes.

but it's a blog too, so you can leave comments.

i'm interested to see what happens to this story, especially because of allegations that the Sheriff's dept. was trying to cover it up.

also because i hate mel gibson, the shrimpy little wacko.

#8 DrJimmy

DrJimmy

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6912 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:17 PM

here comes the apology. he seems to be acknowledging that he said those things:

http://news.yahoo.co...t/people_gibson

Mel Gibson apologizes for DUI arrest

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer

Mel Gibson issued a lengthy statement Saturday apologizing for his drunk driving arrest and saying he has battled alcoholism throughout his life.

Gibson also apologized for what he said were "despicable" statements he made to the deputies who arrested him early Friday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested," he said in a statement issued by his publicist. "I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

He said he was taking "necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

Publicist Alan Nierob declined to elaborate beyond Gibson's statement, and sherrif's Sgt. Rich Erickson declined to respond, saying the case was still under investigation.

Gibson, 50, was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol after deputies stopped his 2006 Lexus LS 430 for speeding at 2:36 a.m. Friday. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said deputies clocked him doing 87 mph in a 45 mph zone.

A breath test indicated Gibson's blood-alcohol level was 0.12 percent, Whitmore said. The legal limit in California is 0.08 percent.

The actor-director posted $5,000 bail and was released less than two hours later.

Gibson also apologized Saturday for what he called "my belligerent behavior" when he was taken into custody.

"The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person," he said, adding he "said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable."

Nierob and sheriff's officials declined to discuss what Gibson said.

Gibson won a best-director Oscar for 1995's "Braveheart" and had a 2004 religious blockbuster with "The Passion of the Christ." He also starred in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" films, "What Women Want" and "The Man Without a Face," among other movies.

#9 Ben

Ben

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3224 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, it had to end at Rehab. Didn't it?
No, I'm Alpha Male.

#10 DrJimmy

DrJimmy

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6912 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, it had to end at Rehab. Didn't it?

yes, it's the great american narrative.

#11 Ben

Ben

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3224 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:07 PM

Are there any examples of rehab working?
No, I'm Alpha Male.

#12 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10088 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:47 PM

Mark Ford has been in good shape for awhile.

#13 eliz

eliz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:04 PM

some. but don't expect them to post here. it's part of the rehab.

#14 Janine

Janine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:32 PM

Damn! Did not see this coming! Oh, as a side note; were not most of his beloved Stooges jewish? Just a silly question that had to be asked. Cheers, Janine
Not necessarily beautiful but mutated.

Posted Image
Power over life and death---
don't be proud of it.
Whatever they fear from you,
you'll be threaten with.
Seneca

#15 coolrock

coolrock

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:02 PM

Oh, as a side note; were not most of his beloved Stooges jewish?

All of them. Well, maybe not the latter-day, godawful Curly replacements like Joe and Curly Joe, but the Howard brothers were orthodox Lithuanian Jews. They brought their own plates to the studio comissary, to keep Kosher, and not catch what the goyem have.

Administrators in the Recovery movement have told me, unabashedly, that the success rate is five to seven percent. That's pretty shitty, if you ask me, especially for a program like that Twelve Step horseshit, where everybody acts like it can't possibly be changed or modified---some of these assholes are worse than religious freaks, and they think that the original sophmoric, hyperbolic writings of Dr. Bill* are the Dead Sea Scrolls or something.

Yeah, it's a great program. It just has a ninety-five percent failure rate.

(edit: "Bill W.")
As the psychiatrist said to the man wearing nothing but Saran-Wrap, "I can clearly see you're nuts."

#16 undo

undo

future thug

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8964 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:45 PM

the original sophmoric, hyperbolic writings of Dr. Bill

Huh?

#17 geoneb

geoneb

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:07 AM

"Bill" is the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, I believe.
"You may just think I am a red Jew son-of-a-bitch, but I'm keeping Thomas Jefferson alive." -I.F. Stone 12/6 Wilco @ Auditorium Theatre

#18 nosmokeinthelungs

nosmokeinthelungs

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

This has been a long time coming for this Nazi fuck. I was literally ready to fight someone when I read this account of the story. He needs to be publicly ostracized and humiliated and outed for this to the full extent, contingent on it's accuracy. If this is the true story, it means to me that the Passion thing was without a doubt predicated on subtle deliberate, racist, and hateful sentiment, not to mention a film that was so glorious in its ability to galvanize its huge Christian audience. He made mamillions based on a hate piece, but yet still the most well-known story ever told. He combined the two as his perfect way of making millions and still sticking it to the Jews. Now, he will pay the price for fucking with the wrong group. His career deserves to be put in the gas chamber. This is an evil fuck.
"Arcade Fire. They're less sincere. I buy that Vampire Weekend are Ivy League yuppies. Their music is WASP folk. Arcade Fire look as real as Civil War re-enactors and come off as aloof, arrogant drama students." --brent D.

#19 Ben

Ben

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3224 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:46 AM

Wow. That's a good vent. So Passion is a hate piece because of what he says now, not what's in the movie? They expunged that one caption, didn't they?
No, I'm Alpha Male.

#20 DrJimmy

DrJimmy

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6912 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:08 AM

don't forget: gibson's dad is a holocaust-denying wacko. "friend of bill w." is the code phrase A.A. members use to identify themselves and each other.