11 replies to this topic

#1 elcorazon

elcorazon

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5646 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:29 PM

May you be written in the book of life. Here's to 5767.
Sail Away: The Songs of Randy Newman -7.5/10
Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis 8.5/10
Buddy & Julie Miller - Written in Chalk wow, first listen, but great great record! 9.3/10
Justin Townes Earle - Midnight at the Moviessurprisingly great, never picked up his past releases, but this one's knocking my socks off right away, 8.7/10
M. Ward - Hold Time 8.0/10
Neko Case -Middle Cyclone her best I've heard is my initial impression, but too soon to rate, haven't had a really good listen yet 7.8/10

#2 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:31 PM

Is it Christmas already?

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#3 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:36 PM

Mazel Tov, Y'all! It took me a minute to catch on to the Shofars blowing last night, I didn't recognize what they were until there were 3-4 blowing at once.
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S.
Posted Image

Should have stayed home and drank beer instead of going to work today.

Now Playing: Brahms, Symphony No 2; Giulini - Wiener

Heh heh, he said "Wiener"...

#4 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:40 PM

Happy New Year

#5 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:44 PM

man, it seems like only yesterday it was 5760...
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#6 elcorazon

elcorazon

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5646 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

and I just got used to writing 5766 on my checks.
Buddy & Julie Miller - Written in Chalk wow, first listen, but great great record! 9.3/10
Justin Townes Earle - Midnight at the Moviessurprisingly great, never picked up his past releases, but this one's knocking my socks off right away, 8.7/10
Neko Case -Middle Cyclone her best I've heard is my initial impression, but too soon to rate, haven't had a really good listen yet 7.8/10

#7 elcorazon

elcorazon

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5646 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

Happy 5769 to you all!!

#8 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:18 AM

tjenz is a goyim what is he doing in here shalom aleichem
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#9 nobodies

nobodies

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3848 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:35 AM

Are you gonna party like it's 5799? As for me, my sister and I are going out for a very kosher dinner at Fat Willy's, and then heading to services. I'm sure we'll be witness to a very engaging sermon on the significance of the new year in relation to this year's presidential election. I fucking hate temple so much.

#10 Petition

Petition

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

Have a good holiday, everyone. P.S. Please forgive me for my total lack of even a modicom of decent posting. I'll get there yet. Attached File  R3A0SCAMAUUEUCAA1W1BLCA022HPMCADTOBIWCAOFEGVICAHCOL7ACAPZO41YCAQZBQ3ICA9Y4BA7CAUD5XFJCAJK484MCALXJOTZCA83EM8CCARSO2K1CAMCJ3T7CANSCIZMCA93YJCSCAPO1R6JCAF2KSEC.jpg   2.16K   2 downloads
"Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another right now....right now....Jesse Colin Young (Youngbloods). "Sugar, Sugar, honey, honey....you are my candygirl and you got me wantin' you.....*

#11 RabbiSchmoiley

RabbiSchmoiley

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1441 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

My wife and I just got back from temple. We're lucky enough to have a very laid-back place (she calls it "hippy temple") near us. In terms of the new year... to use my favorite overused joke, "Shofar, sho-good!"

#12 brobee

brobee

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1981 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

shana tova u'metuka. for all of yinz. even the gentiles. on a separate note: had chag dinner with a friend's family and was informed that obama supports hamas. i'm totally voting mccain now.