TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image
Grizzly Man

That guy was a little nuts. No surprise he wound up getting devoured by a grizzly bear.
The sad thing was he convinced that woman to go out there with him, twice, and she got eaten because of his craziness.

Very well done.
See this movie!

Edited by TJENZ, 10 September 2008 - 02:36 PM.

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#2 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:56 PM

Let the battle of the two "Now Playing - The Movie Version" threads commence. I vote for the first one.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#3 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:59 PM

me too

#4 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:20 PM

Posted Image
Hoodwinked
I didn't hate it
My 7 year old loved it

#5 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3550 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:47 PM

Watched Nobody Knows on Saturday. Beautifully acted by kids who were so natural on screen that you'd think they didn't know they were being filmed. The 12-year old has a career ahead of him, but the one that really stunned me was the 5-year old boy. He wasn't on screen as much, but he was so comfortable in his own skin. It was the antithesis of a performance like that little shit from Jerry Maguire.

Had 2046 from Netflix for a week, and couldn't muster enough desire to even give it a chance. Just sent it back so I can get Thumbsucker and Aristocrats earlier.

Does anyone know if cable TV movies count for the movie poll? If so, was The Life and Death of Peter Sellers in 2005? That might make my list. Masterfully directed and acted picture. Can't believe that wasn't a feature film.

#6 avec

avec

forever alien

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5859 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:53 AM

Balseros---this movie follows around ten different cubans whom travel by homemade rafts to Miami. Their struggle as immigrants is documented from 1994 to 2004. An extremely well made documentary. Attached File  balseros_off.jpg   59.03K   121 downloads

#7 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

Too nice for his own good

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:00 AM

Does anyone know if cable TV movies count for the movie poll? If so, was The Life and Death of Peter Sellers in 2005? That might make my list. Masterfully directed and acted picture. Can't believe that wasn't a feature film.

Don't know if it qualifies on the list, but we all had some discussion about this movie pre-crash. I believe it would have worked better as a 2-part miniseries. Rush was astounding and brave to take on the many personas. There's quite a bit of material on the DVD's deleted scenes that indicates it could have been a very different movie.

"Is everyone on here just an act sometimes?"--Hummingbird

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

Also jabbering about music and movies at www.rateyourmusic.com

#8 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:16 AM

Posted Image

Disney's Cinderella. Definitely a step down from the level of storytelling in Snow White or Bambi, especially in it's reliance on cute anamorphic animals who wear clothes & talk. I wonder how many kids were bitten by mice after trying to dress them in doll's clothes & teach them to talk?
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S.
Posted Image

Should have stayed home and drank beer instead of going to work today.

Now Playing: Brahms, Symphony No 2; Giulini - Wiener

Heh heh, he said "Wiener"...

#9 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:29 AM

Watched the Woodsman over the weekend. Kevin Bacon is a convincing pedophile.

#10 ginNY

ginNY

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:37 AM

ooooo biggie...i saw that...creepy huh? kevin bacon did a good job! just watched a documentary called la casa nostra about the ny mob also the devils playground: documentary about the amish teens and am now working my way through a documentary about the ny homeless who live in the train tunnels of penn station. went documentary crazy on netflix...but i love it!

#11 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

Too nice for his own good

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:21 AM

Posted Image

Disney's Cinderella. Definitely a step down from the level of storytelling in Snow White or Bambi, especially in it's reliance on cute anamorphic animals who wear clothes & talk. I wonder how many kids were bitten by mice after trying to dress them in doll's clothes & teach them to talk?

Heehee. The DVD docs discuss how Disney was going for broke in getting this one made, due to the box office failure of Pinochio and Fantasia. It's no wonder he decided to stick with tried and true formulas that Snow White proved would be successful. I find it a little more enjoyable than Sleeping Beauty--twice as weak in the storytelling, though elegantly drawn.

"Is everyone on here just an act sometimes?"--Hummingbird

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

Also jabbering about music and movies at www.rateyourmusic.com

#12 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

I plan on picking up Aristocrats today and perhaps the Cube trilogy.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#13 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:40 PM

Watched Nobody Knows on Saturday. Beautifully acted by kids who were so natural on screen that you'd think they didn't know they were being filmed. The 12-year old has a career ahead of him, but the one that really stunned me was the 5-year old boy. He wasn't on screen as much, but he was so comfortable in his own skin. It was the antithesis of a performance like that little shit from Jerry Maguire.

Had 2046 from Netflix for a week, and couldn't muster enough desire to even give it a chance. Just sent it back so I can get Thumbsucker and Aristocrats earlier.

Was released in Europe in 2004. HBO helped pay for it, they screeened it.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#14 cerebralcaustic

cerebralcaustic

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:23 PM

Posted Image

Saw this a couple weeks ago, one week after seeing Bambi. Very big dropoff. This was the point that Walt started making movies for kids, instead of movies for everyone

#15 avec

avec

forever alien

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5859 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

AMAZING.
Posted Image

#16 held

held

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3549 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:02 PM

and am now working my way through a documentary about the ny homeless who live in the train tunnels of penn station.

Dark Days. Good stuff. Crazy to think people were living on rats.

Recommend: The Salesman 1969
There is nothing more depressing than trying to appear happy when you are not."
- Nick Cave

#17 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:42 PM

Posted Image

Thanks, Luc!!

#18 avec

avec

forever alien

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5859 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image
Hated it! :rolleyes:

#19 birdistheword

birdistheword

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2258 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:13 PM

You know, the guy who wrote that used to be a promising filmmaker. Then he made that crappy Pacino flick and now this.

#20 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

Posted Image
Hated it! :rolleyes:

I kinda liked it. Not drop dead loved it, but it was a decent waste of an hour and half. The ending was pretty retarded, I must say.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch