#21 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:10 PM

I remember that blizzard!!

Me too...my wife (then girlfriend) were affixed to stools at The Gingerman for a few hours. Nothing too new, there, but depending on which Yakzie's Sin City was at we may have trudged past each other at some point.

Great moment of that snowstorm was walking right down the middle of Clark Street in the knee high white stuff with a few other brave & curious souls...I love snow storms.
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#22 no magnets

no magnets

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:23 PM

Laugh if you will, but I wish I was in a job that I was as passionate about as Tom Skilling is. NOBODY in his profession eats, breathes and shits Weather Forecasting like he does. :D

you have obviously never seen a hurricane schwartz forecast. he's the nbc meteorologist in philly. c'mon, just look at that name.

No Magnets... what'd you use to get your car out of the snow last year? I thought you had a shovel.

no, i just kicked out the snow away from the tires and then drove out from that spot during the really heavy snowfall. i do need a shovel this year, though. that may be on tonight's agenda, if i can find one.

#23 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:25 PM

I remember that blizzard!!

Me too...my wife (then girlfriend) were affixed to stools at The Gingerman for a few hours. Nothing too new, there, but depending on which Yakzie's Sin City was at we may have trudged past each other at some point.

the one on Clark- the only trudging I did was down to the bathroom and back to my stool...
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#24 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:40 PM

How many inches is everyone expecting, tonight?

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#25 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:46 PM

i honestly will be surprised if we get over 2 inches of snow. call me pesimistic, but meteorologists are good at predicting this once a year or so. i do not feel like this is their day.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#26 musicgurl

musicgurl

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:48 PM

Damn this storm. I was supposed to fly into Chicago on Friday morning to handle some business and now my flight has been cancelled and the chances of making it into town are slim to none. <_< (on the upside if i can't travel i won't have to come into the office since i already took the day and i'm at 40 hours for the week and there is no overtime. :D )
Elbow Deep In Chocolate Daily "Beauty is only a light switch away." - Chef Dale "And in the words of Albert Schweitzer...I fancy you." - Eddie Izzard "I haven't felt this devastated since Krakow was left standing with his bike, and Jordan Catalano pulled away with Angela." -- Janeane Garofalo

#27 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:51 PM

I can't believe you got a straight answer to this, but I admire you for teeing it up anyway.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#28 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

I can't believe you got a straight answer to this, but I admire you for teeing it up anyway.

blah blah blah
just answer the damn question

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#29 jasmine

jasmine

J Rex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1897 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

blah blah blah

I'm expecting seven.

I mean... a seven inch single, of course... snow, who cares. i walk everywhere anyway, so one inch or 20, it's all the same to me.

#30 without_opinion

without_opinion

Minister of Health

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5575 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:01 PM

tonight? less than 3" tomorrow, add on another 2.5"
Music Is My Girlfriend (click for playlists) -- my brother's weekly radio show (new time!), Mondays, 2pm CST, out of Crested Butte, CO. Hear it at KBUT fm online

#31 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

i walk everywhere anyway, so one inch or 20, it's all the same to me.

then refer to my post up-top and get yerself some overshoes!
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#32 jasmine

jasmine

J Rex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1897 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

i walk everywhere anyway, so one inch or 20, it's all the same to me.

then refer to my post up-top and get yerself some overshoes!

i've already bookmarked the page.

#33 6ome 9irl

6ome 9irl

Freaky styley

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7584 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:15 PM

To be honest I can't wait for drugs and snow. Winter baby.

Beat me to it. Staying in on the couch with a perscription and a fire sounds pretty awesome. Can I cop some of those drugs when you're done with them? My mom actually hid mine and only gave me a some when she thought I needed them.

Your mom knows her children well. Of course I'll share with you.

#34 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:19 PM

I'm looking forward to this... mainly because I don't have to be anywhere in the next couple of days. I dig the snow, but only when I don't have to drive in it. I should go put some gas in my car before this happens.

#35 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:20 PM

i was waiting for the diff kind of answer too :lol:
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#36 zolacolby

zolacolby

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

As I said... 1 - 3 inches and it will all accumulate after 2 am. All the 'heavy' snow will be south of Wilmington. Which is where I drove home from in the middle of the 1999 New Year's storm in my CRX. edit: Tommy Skillethead is the best damn weatherman since Harry Volkman.
"Maybe I should follow you around and smartify everything you say." "in barlight she looked allright, in daylight she looked desperate." "I'm gonna shower in that shit"

#37 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:53 PM

hey it's snowing/freezing raining! i'm dreading the morning

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#38 BRANDON BOYD FROM INCUBUS

BRANDON BOYD FROM INCUBUS

all sorts of chill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5776 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:05 PM

blah blah blah

I'm expecting seven.

I mean... a seven inch single, of course... snow, who cares. i walk everywhere anyway, so one inch or 20, it's all the same to me.

Posted Image

i can't wait to move to a big city so my main pick-up line can be "Do you know what we do to girls like you in Alabama?"

#39 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:06 PM

I think I've secretly convinced myself that it's going to snow an ungodly amount, which is why it's taken me three hours to type 94 words of my 300 word Spanish paper.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#40 Killface

Killface

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:20 PM

Just got home a bit ago from running out to get some windshield washer fluid and stopped up at the pub for a pint of Guinness, came out, and it's sleeting in DuPage county...I think the snow will begin soon...and lots of it. Glad I don't have to have to drive to work until 12:30 tomorrow afternoon. If I was opening, I would have taken the train for sure.
I'm not the one that tapes Swiss Cake Rolls to the underside of the toilet....Snacky Onassis.