140 replies to this topic

#61 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

Oh, the clown. The only one of you buffoons who doesn't make me laugh.

OUCH. The only part of this that actually stung for a minute.

Your late-season conversion to a potshooting quipster is certainly an improvement from your former status as the snail-like arbiter of the SOMB Top 499 Movies / Bataan Death March Recreation Society.

This was predictable but mandatory and OTM.

I remember having some deep-running grudge against you at one point, but it was eventually filled with the cement of indifference and is now merely a deep-running unstable fissure of vague distrust.

Any grudge was one-sided and is news to me now. Wonder what that was about.

Admittedly it seems we are in something of a Slackmonaissance and that takes most of the vinegar and at least a few ounces of the piss out of this post. Cheers.

Bonus points for needling me about my abhorrence of the Janine affectations.

5.9/10

Within a point of the Snausage. I can live with that.

Fucking hilarious. Thanks!

Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#62 Rajexico

Rajexico

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:50 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha!

You may have come into this thread to laugh at someone else's misfortune, but much like a flunky at the Sarlacc pit, you now find yourself a victim of the same fate. It's no surprise that you are caught unawares because you feel dizzy and a bit out of it as you enter the sunlight, blinking blurry-eyed in one of your few departures from the shadowy chattery of "Five Things I Think." Your willingness to rake through the minute details of your life, from striped ties to grout bleach, doesn't always translate into broader boarding skills as you cautiously head out to post for the 7th or 8th time that, just to remind everyone, you didn't think "Grizzly Man" was a good movie.

3.2/10

In the future there is only drink and birds.

lastfm

#63 held

held

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3549 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:53 PM

tending your little shrine to Damo's top 100 list is an exhausting job!

there is no shrine.. only brilliance.

4.6/10

figures. Like many a Haitian voter. I defy your hammock answered folly for anything less than a 5.
and I doubt I'll ever feel better tomorrow. <_<

:P nice try.

whoa, i love the claon conspiracy.

Posted Image
There is nothing more depressing than trying to appear happy when you are not."
- Nick Cave

#64 geoneb

geoneb

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:58 PM

I have a need to be berated. Hard.
"You may just think I am a red Jew son-of-a-bitch, but I'm keeping Thomas Jefferson alive." -I.F. Stone 12/6 Wilco @ Auditorium Theatre

#65 Rajexico

Rajexico

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:06 PM

Esté por favor de buena naturaleza a mí. Cuando las palabras ásperas han parado, realizaremos las manos y haremos las paces.

I don't speak A-rab, so I ran this through Babelfish and it seems to be a plea for mercy. Well, you obviously misunderstand the point of this thread and the point of this country, compadre. By my reckoning all you "guest workers" should be "guest soldiers" in the War on Terrorosity, but failing that, I suppose you can get a low-paying job doing nothing consistently. And as one of the longest running gimmick accounts on SOMB to survive, you have certainly accomplished that goal. Some might say perseverance is a virtue in itself, but I wouldn't say that. I would say "Gimmick suuuuucks."

2.0/10

lastfm

#66 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

So yeah...

#67 Guest_NumberTenOx_*

Guest_NumberTenOx_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:39 PM

For pity's sake, get ON with it.

#68 Vivian Darkbloom

Vivian Darkbloom

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:46 PM

I'm feeling insecure after that big old meanie Pinkerton panned me with a 4/10. Surely you'll have more insightful and articulate criticism.
The God of language forgives all crimes. -W.H. Auden ***** Anthony B, Independent, March 16 Black Mountain, Rickshaw Stop, March 20 Earthless, Wooden Shjips, Cafe du Nord, March 28 Mastodon, Kylesa, Intronaut, Great American Music Hall, April 19 Opeth, Enslaved, Regency Grand Ballroom, May 14 Sun Kil Moon, Great American Music Hall, May 29

#69 thrillho

thrillho

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4357 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:49 PM

I'm feeling insecure after that big old meanie Pinkerton panned me with a 4/10. Surely you'll have more insightful and articulate criticism.

actually, he changed it based on your later response.

3/10

#70 Vivian Darkbloom

Vivian Darkbloom

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:52 PM

actually, he changed it based on your later response.

I read that as a score on the response, not my overall score. In all events, I'm going Olympics style and taking my combined 1st and 2nd run totals, assuming His Mandarin Holiness deigns to review me.
The God of language forgives all crimes. -W.H. Auden ***** Anthony B, Independent, March 16 Black Mountain, Rickshaw Stop, March 20 Earthless, Wooden Shjips, Cafe du Nord, March 28 Mastodon, Kylesa, Intronaut, Great American Music Hall, April 19 Opeth, Enslaved, Regency Grand Ballroom, May 14 Sun Kil Moon, Great American Music Hall, May 29

#71 thrillho

thrillho

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4357 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:54 PM

I read that as a score on the response, not my overall score. In all events, I'm going Olympics style and taking my combined 1st and 2nd run totals, assuming His Mandarin Holiness deigns to review me.

you should take the mean. you are a 3.5/10.

#72 Rajexico

Rajexico

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:05 PM

do me!

Were you on the old board under a different name?

Do your worst...

Like Walter Sobchak's proverbial child wandering in on the movie, you poke your head into Snoop Dogg threads and drop the latest AARP-approved japes. Your book, an autobiographical story of heartbreak and survival, will succeed at first and then flounder when it is revealed that you did not spar with Yuri Andropov on the roof of the Kremlin during the Soviet-Afghan war and that was one of several "embellishments" for the sake of the story.
Anyway it is a small miracle that the few KXOLers who stuck around were by far the best of the lot. I shudder to think what this place would look like with a different cast.

lastfm

#73 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

Too nice for his own good

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

Your book, an autobiographical story of heartbreak and survival, will succeed at first and then flounder when it is revealed that you did not spar with Yuri Andropov on the roof of the Kremlin during the Soviet-Afghan war and that was one of several "embellishments" for the sake of the story.

Waitamin...you didn't swipe that from the Onion's Astrology column, did you? :P

"Is everyone on here just an act sometimes?"--Hummingbird

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

Also jabbering about music and movies at www.rateyourmusic.com

#74 Vivian Darkbloom

Vivian Darkbloom

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:10 PM

Slackmo wuz robbed

#75 Rajexico

Rajexico

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:23 PM

Wow. :o

As a visual learner, Undo would probably die a slow boarding death without Google Image Search (also because he is illiterate). He remembers an unhealthy amount about the board's past. An Etc.'r trapped in a Disc.'r's body, and a cynic trapped in a hottie's body, Undo was funnier when he couldn't get laid. All other available criticisms have already been leveled by the man himself.
Edit: Also he doesn't make enough threads.

lastfm

#76 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:27 PM

I was gonna say something stupid an (un)funny but theres no point. I just figure why not, I dont even know who you are terremoto
Download this EP I made. The songs are pretty close to where they should be. I colaborated with Brian Wilson and Thom Yorke and then we all fucked in my basement apartment. Thom has a really big dick suprisingly, and Brian Wilson cried the whole time, yelling "These moans are not in perfect harmonic unison". Anyway, it sounds like what you would imagine something from that situation sounds like.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8689o

#77 Rajexico

Rajexico

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:32 PM

This is great reading.
It's amazing to see this level
of intelligent, lucid humour out
of the mouth of a somb babe.

Yeah, as noted upthread, this won't help long-running poster Zolacolby. I wonder what led to the subtraction of the formal "Mr." from his name? A gender switch ala Walter/Wendy Carlos? The final and inevitable realization that if no one else was going to address you as such it was futile to put on such airs on the Internets? Zolacolby possesses one the board's least interesting quirks, with an itchy trigger finger on the enter key to enter line breaks after each sentence in many short posts. Yes, it's pretty ghey. Over two years of boarding makes me more than a "somb babe," in the age sense, and I don't want to think about the impolications of babe in the other sense.

5.0/10

this is awesome!
oh, shit! :o

Sin City? The SOMB must be pitching underhand to me now. Humans have a thing called an appendix, which in caveman times processed raw food or connected to wifi or something like that but is now useless and what we call a vestigial organ. In ancient SOMB times, we had a poster named Dawn and it was Sin's job to constantly harass and abuse her, but she left and for the last two years Sin has been a vestigial poster. I hope Tjenz appreciates how much better he looks by comparison with a less-amusing version of himself louting up the Etc. Board.

1.9/10

lastfm

#78 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:34 PM

Check his sig.

oh.
Download this EP I made. The songs are pretty close to where they should be. I colaborated with Brian Wilson and Thom Yorke and then we all fucked in my basement apartment. Thom has a really big dick suprisingly, and Brian Wilson cried the whole time, yelling "These moans are not in perfect harmonic unison". Anyway, it sounds like what you would imagine something from that situation sounds like.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8689o

#79 Nick

Nick

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6011 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:51 PM

I've always enjoyed Raj's boarding.

#80 Vivian Darkbloom

Vivian Darkbloom

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

I've always enjoyed Raj's boarding.

Raj is Deleuze to Ben's Guattari.