1154 replies to this topic

#801 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

have ya tried Foremost on Ashland and Nelson? My gf loves that stuff and she's picked it up there before...also the Whole Foods on Ashland and School had a pretty good selection.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#802 Rajexico

Rajexico

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

have ya tried Foremost on Ashland and Nelson? My gf loves that stuff and she's picked it up there before...also the Whole Foods on Ashland and School had a pretty good selection.

Thanks, I'll keep those in mind. I think I'm in the habit of believing that if Vas Foremost doesn't have it, no one does.

In the future there is only drink and birds.

lastfm

#803 BGwaves

BGwaves

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:32 AM

yeah, sams near north ave and the binny's in lakeview also have it i believe.

#804 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:39 AM

Posted Image

I had one of these last night with my burgers. It was pretty fantastic. Really good dark, chocolaty flavor. And cheap, too!
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#805 DrAftershave

DrAftershave

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

Posted Image

I had one of these last night with my burgers. It was pretty fantastic. Really good dark, chocolaty flavor. And cheap, too!

6 pack of Stockyard + 6 White Castle cheeseburgers = HEAVEN
I fully support people doing drugs on the streets. I'm sick and tired of people being selfish by doing drugs in the privacy of their own homes. Do it on the streets where you can share with your friends and neighbors. It's the Christian thing to do.

#806 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

i'm going to Hop leaf tonight with some friends, but I am just getting over cold so I am not overly excited. I tried having a beer last night and ended up dumping out almost all of it because I cant taste anything. The beer just tasted like salt and alcohol. Hopefully tonight will go better.
Posted Image

#807 BGwaves

BGwaves

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

Does anyone know where I can buy Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold? I've been able to easily find Burning River, Commodore Perry, and so forth, but not DG.

actually i found some at the whole foods on roosevelt and canal

#808 zolacolby

zolacolby

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

I sit surrounded by spent champagne corks as I've just compiled the list of all the bottles that I purchased and consumed over the years. The total, at minimum, is 238 bottles of the bubbly. Some good, some ok and a few heavenly. All drinkable... 117 were of a specific vintage, the oldest being a 1979 Mumm's Rene Lalou.
"Maybe I should follow you around and smartify everything you say." "in barlight she looked allright, in daylight she looked desperate." "I'm gonna shower in that shit"

#809 Fiat Records

Fiat Records

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

Glenlivet, straight from a flask. Delicious.

#810 BGwaves

BGwaves

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

seriously, their best brew.
Posted Image

#811 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

Just finished up Sunday brunch. Having a nice mimosa right now.

Posted Image
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#812 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:46 PM

At Hopleaf last night:
Posted Image
lives up to the hype, best Brown Ale I have had. It tastes like a porter at first but the finishes really uniquely. Great stuff, wish I could buy it (cuz cans are cool).

Posted Image
Another killer 3 Floyd's brew. I usually don't love Farmhouse ales, but this is fantastic. Only problem is that if I wanted to buy it at home, it costs like 10 dollars a 22 oz bottle. It is almost cheeper to buy it on tap. Crazy.
Posted Image

#813 st. park

st. park

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

went to the store today, mix and matched 6 beers, including a three floyd's alpha king, great lakes edmund fitzgerald porter, & a dogfish head 60 ipa.

this however was my best purchase:

Posted Image

so good.

#814 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:11 PM

went to the store today, mix and matched 6 beers, including a three floyd's alpha king, great lakes edmund fitzgerald porter, & a dogfish head 60 ipa.

so good.

That is a great grab, 3 of my all-time favorite beer right there.
Posted Image

#815 st. park

st. park

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:55 AM

curious, have any of you guys been to the three floyds brewery in munster? it's not too far from chicago and i'm considering going to one of their sat tours.

#816 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:00 AM

curious, have any of you guys been to the three floyds brewery in munster? it's not too far from chicago and i'm considering going to one of their sat tours.

No, but i have seriously considered trying to make it to Dark Lord Day at 3 Floyds. (It's the day they release their russian imperial stout, which is not available stores.)
Posted Image

#817 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:24 AM

this however was my best purchase:

Posted Image

so good.

Easily one of my all time favorites, too. Good choice!
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#818 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

So on my visit home I stopped by the local liquor store that stocks Bells, and was stoked to find that they still had one sixer of Hopslam:
Posted Image

It more than lives up to the hype and I'd say that it just might be the best (D)IPA I've had. While I think Two-Hearted Ale is a better everyday beer, this is just such a treat. Just wish they had more than the sixer. The store also had some Expidition Stout left, but I feel that Stout season is over. Maybe I might have to stock some for the final cold nights of the year.
Posted Image

#819 tager

tager

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:45 AM

I heard good things about that Hopslam, I need to find it somewhere in the burbs.

#820 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8673 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

switching between Guinness and frozen Kaluha and rums.
Got the Magic Bullet, great deal on 2 Kaluha's for 20 bucks and my girl gets Rum cheap from Duty Free on her turns to San Juan.
Add skim milk and ice ten seconds in the bullet and voila...

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image