#61 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:41 AM

Posted Image

went to that thing yesterday night. had to go on my own cos all the people i know here can't take more than 1 hour at a club. it was good. lots of weird house, kind of dubby and trancey in places. pryds was pretty cool. played a lot of his own material, i think. he played "depeche mode - everything counts (oliver huntemann and stephan bodzin dub" in his set. that track kicks ass live. i tried mixing it myself in a set that i'm practicing on and though it sounded good and was really surprised that he played it.

oh and the place with a capacity of 2000 people was sold out, which i found odd. had to buy a guest ticket from as scalper dude.

and british people are hella funny at clubs. there's so many old people raving up the party like a mothefucker. really cool dudes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

would someone be so kind to hook me up with Ricardo Villalobos - Thè au Harem d'Archiméde, please? can't seem to find a working link anywhere.

#63 Ben

Ben

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3224 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:00 PM

I'm flashing back with some good time oldies this morning. "Talk in a Danger" by Luomo is such a hot jam, it's ridiculous.
No, I'm Alpha Male.

#64 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:33 PM

[KOMPAKTCD55] Hug - Heroes
Posted Image

http://fileho.com/download/0de0e0315511/Hug--Heroes.rar.html

#65 Woodland Runner

Woodland Runner

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1153 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:33 AM

[KOMPAKTCD55] Hug - Heroes
Posted Image

http://fileho.com/download/0de0e0315511/Hug--Heroes.rar.html

What does this sound like Artem? I saw it a little while back but never got around to downloading it.
I don't even get your t-shirts pun.

#66 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:04 AM

my ears are still buzzing from club, so i haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. sorry. i'll get back at you when i'm able to listen to music again.

#67 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:41 AM

nevermind. gave it a listen. and it pretty much sounds like what you'd expect from kompakt. easy on the ear tech-house. the first track is kind of nice. you won't miss anything if you download it if you've already heard 10+ other kompakt releases. very average. pretty much the direction that the kompakt had for a while now.

#68 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:11 AM

request: i'm in need of some good house/techno tracks. i'm trying to make a minimal mix with some edge to it. i'd appreciate if you could uppload some tracks that you like hearing on the dancefloor.

#69 Twilight

Twilight

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:22 AM

What, you're a DJ now?

#70 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:34 AM

how you sait it, an aspiring one. i've been messing with software for a while, listening to mixes trying to pick up things. ordered a book on how to dj too. and now this guy who heard me say that i'm trying to learn how to dj wants me to play a party for a bunch of russian speaking students at our uni. none of those people i know are into electronic music or clubbing, so i'm kind of whatever. it's not like they're gonna dance or anything. but i'm trying to make a decent mix anyway, at least to test myself in case anything goes further than just words. so yeah, give me some good tracks please.

#71 fabulous muscles

fabulous muscles

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3764 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:11 AM

how you sait it, an aspiring one.

i've been messing with software for a while, listening to mixes trying to pick up things. ordered a book on how to dj too. and now this guy who heard me say that i'm trying to learn how to dj wants me to play a party for a bunch of russian speaking students at our uni. none of those people i know are into electronic music or clubbing, so i'm kind of whatever. it's not like they're gonna dance or anything. but i'm trying to make a decent mix anyway, at least to test myself in case anything goes further than just words.

so yeah, give me some good tracks please.

Do you want hardcore house/techno, or techno on the verge of listenable?
No Homo.

#72 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

i don't want to make people leave the place, so something as you say on the verge of listenable would be great. also if anybody has any recommendations about ones first DJing gig- share please.

#73 boobs

boobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URkRhFh8pq0

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10251 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

play to the crowd
The one who put the satin on your panties.

#74 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

as i've already said these people can't hande 30 minutes at a club. they have no interest in electronic music whatsoever. i think i need to get some of those ear friendly kompakt singles and spin them for them. make it sort of a lounge bar kind of experience. and if anybody gets up on their feet maybe i'll put something more engaging, if i can find it of course.

#75 fabulous muscles

fabulous muscles

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3764 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:36 PM

If you haven't yet, you might want to dig into the Crosstown Rebels releases. There's a few loungey tech-house singles, good stuff. Also, Swayzak's Loops From the Bergerie is pretty nice. "Another Way" is so fucking dreamy .There's a few tracks with vocals which might ease people into dance music and whatnot.

The thing is I like to play dramatic tunes for mind numbing drunk nights, and I don't know if this might work for you.
No Homo.

#76 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:45 PM

could you give some examples

#77 boobs

boobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URkRhFh8pq0

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10251 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

if you prefer, he could just DJ for you via the internet
The one who put the satin on your panties.

#78 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

not necessary all i'm asking is for a couple of tracks to give me an idea about some sounds i might use

#79 fabulous muscles

fabulous muscles

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3764 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:05 PM

could you give some examples

Well, for starters, references to drugs and alcohol are always present in my mixes. I LOVE the Pet Shop Boys' "You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk (Atta Boy Still Love You When We're Sober). !!!'s, "Take Ecstasy With Me is" a good one too. "Haunted House" by Matt 101 off the Disco Nouveau series has this hypnotic sound that's just "screams party." I can't really think of many off the top of my head. I'll upload some of these later on today.
No Homo.

#80 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:08 PM

!!! and pet shop boys and exaclty techno, so i'm not sure how they would fit in my mix. i found a swyzak cd on some blog, but it's a different release from the one that you've mentioned, but i'll still give it a try.