#1 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image

So yeah this album is really solid. Bros might be one of the best songs of the year. The production on this thing is fantastic, sure it seems quiet and distant, but it also makes it warm which just keeps me coming back for more.
Between this and Andrew, 2007 is looking really nice.

(and if you wanna link, go in the fish thread, lets keep this discussion oriented).
Posted Image

#2 vurt

vurt

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1844 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:17 PM

I gave it a listen last night. As a non-AC fan, I thought it sounded pretty good. Less shrill and annoying than the AC stuff I've heard. Definitely need to listen again though.

#3 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

definitely. I am not an AC fan at all (Feels has some good stuff though) . This is just so much more chill and laid back (sorta what i think Sung Tongs was going for).
Posted Image

#4 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

I like AC to an extent, but not this. So maybe that's gonna be the trend or something.
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#5 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13223 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

Is this similar to Young Prayer?
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#6 Chronodiggity

Chronodiggity

THE PRINCE OF THE SOMB

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

2 minutes in I have high hopes for this already.
^_^

#7 pigfuck

pigfuck

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1857 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:28 AM

Is this similar to Young Prayer?

Imagine Young Prayer co-produced and co-written by Brian Wilson, but with Panda Bear still the main possessor of the reins. It's the Feels to Young Prayer's Here Comes the Indian.
make it three yards, motherfucker, and we'll have an automobile race

#8 Roland

Roland

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:38 AM

Take Pills and Bros are fucking great.

#9 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:16 AM

i'm crazy about this record.

all of you who were on the fence with animal collective in the past might want to give this one a try. it's the prettiest thing anyone near the band has released, but still you know, weird and tribal and creepy and childlike.

the first track, comfy in nautica, sounds like something off of the pet sounds box set.

Posted Image

#10 Melted Cheese

Melted Cheese

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1655 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:14 AM

As a manic Animal Collective fanboy, allow me to overreact: This record is unbelievably good. Certainly my favorite of the '07 discs I've heard so far. While I enjoyed Young Prayer I wasn't exactly wild about it, so putting on a pair of headphones and putting this album on with no expectations was such a treat. The last 3 minutes of "good girl/carrots" would sound totally at home on Pet Sounds... I mean some of the melodies on this album are PHENOMENAL. wow wow wow. First genuinely great disc of '07.
Posted Image

#11 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:31 AM

:wub:

#12 Raleigh

Raleigh

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:01 PM

I'll go ahead and say that this is great. I'm only a quarter of the way in though. Best Beach Boys album since Surf's Up (with the exception of Smile, of course)

edit: It's kind of unfair to call it a Beach Boys album. Let's just say it invokes the same feelings I get when I listen to the Beach Boys, which doesn't happen often.

#13 r.i.p.

r.i.p.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2460 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:18 PM

I enjoy this a lot more than A.C., which has a lot to do with the vocals. I don't hear Beach Boys as much as early Krautrock and Eno.

#14 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

I'm gonna let it grow on me. I like it a good bit. I really like it actually. much better than young prayer. it's no sung tongs but it's really good.
Download this EP I made. The songs are pretty close to where they should be. I colaborated with Brian Wilson and Thom Yorke and then we all fucked in my basement apartment. Thom has a really big dick suprisingly, and Brian Wilson cried the whole time, yelling "These moans are not in perfect harmonic unison". Anyway, it sounds like what you would imagine something from that situation sounds like.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8689o

#15 vurt

vurt

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1844 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

I enjoy this a lot more than A.C., which has a lot to do with the vocals. I don't hear Beach Boys as much as early Krautrock and Eno.

Yeah, I hear Eno in here too. And I find it far, far less grating than your average AC release.

#16 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:38 PM

actually, I'm starting to like this quite alot. it feels like what I wish feels woulda felt like or something. bros is so amazingly good. why did I ever doubt any of these crazy guys. cause they signed ariel pink and released feels. psshhh. anyway, this is really fucking good.
Download this EP I made. The songs are pretty close to where they should be. I colaborated with Brian Wilson and Thom Yorke and then we all fucked in my basement apartment. Thom has a really big dick suprisingly, and Brian Wilson cried the whole time, yelling "These moans are not in perfect harmonic unison". Anyway, it sounds like what you would imagine something from that situation sounds like.

#17 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:11 PM

i can't stop spinning this thing.

#18 Chronodiggity

Chronodiggity

THE PRINCE OF THE SOMB

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:30 PM

2 minutes in I have high hopes for this already.

Met. This owns.
^_^

#19 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

by the way, Search for Delicious is fucking awesome. it's like being underwater with rainbow light beams shooting through.

#20 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

second half of "take pills" just slays me...