1104 replies to this topic

#1 Midnite_Vulture

Midnite_Vulture

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

same as before. Feel free to discuss anything WWE or wrestling related. Since the board was down last week, I never got the chance to talk about how awesome Smackdown was on the 13th. Probably one of their best ever. Booker wins the U.S. title. Boogeyman bites off Jillian Hall's "growth" (hilarious!), and Kurt Angle beats Mark Henry to win the battle royal for the World Heavyweight Championship. It was also a great moment when it was just Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry left in the ring. I couldn't believe that Rey was so close to winning the strap. I'm still keeping the dream alive of Rey having a title reign in 2006, and I think that leaving him in the ring with Henry and even threatening the possibility of him holding the belt shows that the company has confidence in him. So much stuff to catch up on! Help me out here people. Also, the fantasy league will be starting soon. Who's in again?

MV's blog: http://h-b-e.blogspot.com

MV's other blog about every mixtape he's ever made: http://mixedreaction.blogspot.com

"Our clique is the world. The world is our clique"

#2 issachar

issachar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:53 PM

same as before. Feel free to discuss anything WWE or wrestling related. Since the board was down last week, I never got the chance to talk about how awesome Smackdown was on the 13th. Probably one of their best ever. Booker wins the U.S. title. Boogeyman bites off Jillian Hall's "growth" (hilarious!), and Kurt Angle beats Mark Henry to win the battle royal for the World Heavyweight Championship. It was also a great moment when it was just Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry left in the ring. I couldn't believe that Rey was so close to winning the strap. I'm still keeping the dream alive of Rey having a title reign in 2006, and I think that leaving him in the ring with Henry and even threatening the possibility of him holding the belt shows that the company has confidence in him. So much stuff to catch up on! Help me out here people. Also, the fantasy league will be starting soon. Who's in again?

Question Vulture... what's the future of TNA?
same old izzy with his admin given nickname

#3 Diesel

Diesel

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:03 PM

Its only appropriate that my first post on the new board should be in this thread. Fantasy league actually starts today, I believe. You can jump in late if need be, but I dunno what sort of participation we'll get with the short notice (this is the fault of the board crash, not you, MV.) I'll do it if we can get the same sort of participation as the last few times. The Boogeyman is so fucking GROSS. I wonder though...with no mole, and based on what the dirtsheets are saying and JBL's somewhat shoddy treatment of her as of late, I have to wonder if a face turn is in the cards for Jillian. She's pretty cute, if a bit larger than the average diva, and with a "normal" face, she'd be more conventionally attractive to the average fan. Few more bits of tid: 1. So Kurt Angle's a babyface now? Wha? He was definitely playing more to the crowd, and was directing the "YOU SUCK" chants at Daivari last week. I'm a bit pissed that they gave the belt to a non-Smackdown (at the time) worker when they have talent right in front of them, though. No slam to Kurt, who deserves the belt, but really...Randy Orton is RIGHT THERE, people! If they wanted a heel champion going into Mania, he's the guy for the job. Speaking of inexplicable face/heel turns, he almost looks like he's gonna turn AGAIN given this Booker T storyline. For one thing, turning him face now will undo all the work they've done in recent months to make him this evil heartless bastard (though he's not acting like one lately), and for another thing, putting him in the U.S. title picture is a step back. 2. Orlando Jordan. Bisexual angle. Coming soon. 3. So these Gymini guys are those Shane twins I've read so much about in the dirtsheets, eh? The guys who basically forced TNA to stop calling Matt Bentley "Michael Shane?" And they're not even using the fucking name? Lame. 4. Items that can be found on WWE Auctions: all the divas' bras and panties from the New Year's Revolution gauntlet match and three pillows from the Edge/Lita "Live Sex Celebration." 5. Heidenreich. Released.

#4 faxman75

faxman75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:11 PM

I got my Nintendo 64 and No Mercy game on Friday and i'm loving it. It blows away any other wrestling game period. I can play this game non fucking stop. I created a character named destructo. He's pretty cool and already won the IC title.
shame on us doomed from the start may god have mercy on our dirty little hearts shame on us for all we have done and all we ever were just zeros and ones

#5 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:15 PM

Did everyone see the TLC match last Monday with Flair and Edge? I really wasn't expecting much because Edge was coming off an injury from a couple months ago and Flair is 56-ish years old, but damn was it impressive. After Edge took the bumb to the table on the floor and Flair was climbing the ladder, the part of me that knows how the business works basically turned off and I really thought that Flair had a shot a winning. Of course, when Lita came in an grabbed him it didn't surprise me at all, but it was nice that at least for a short time there could be the same "anything can happen" mentalitly that I had when I first started watching about 8 years ago.

#6 Midnite_Vulture

Midnite_Vulture

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:25 PM

Its only appropriate that my first post on the new board should be in this thread.

Fantasy league actually starts today, I believe. You can jump in late if need be, but I dunno what sort of participation we'll get with the short notice (this is the fault of the board crash, not you, MV.) I'll do it if we can get the same sort of participation as the last few times.

The Boogeyman is so fucking GROSS. I wonder though...with no mole, and based on what the dirtsheets are saying and JBL's somewhat shoddy treatment of her as of late, I have to wonder if a face turn is in the cards for Jillian. She's pretty cute, if a bit larger than the average diva, and with a "normal" face, she'd be more conventionally attractive to the average fan.

Few more bits of tid:

1. So Kurt Angle's a babyface now? Wha? He was definitely playing more to the crowd, and was directing the "YOU SUCK" chants at Daivari last week. I'm a bit pissed that they gave the belt to a non-Smackdown (at the time) worker when they have talent right in front of them, though. No slam to Kurt, who deserves the belt, but really...Randy Orton is RIGHT THERE, people! If they wanted a heel champion going into Mania, he's the guy for the job. Speaking of inexplicable face/heel turns, he almost looks like he's gonna turn AGAIN given this Booker T storyline. For one thing, turning him face now will undo all the work they've done in recent months to make him this evil heartless bastard (though he's not acting like one lately), and for another thing, putting him in the U.S. title picture is a step back.

2. Orlando Jordan. Bisexual angle. Coming soon.

3. So these Gymini guys are those Shane twins I've read so much about in the dirtsheets, eh? The guys who basically forced TNA to stop calling Matt Bentley "Michael Shane?" And they're not even using the fucking name? Lame.

4. Items that can be found on WWE Auctions: all the divas' bras and panties from the New Year's Revolution gauntlet match and three pillows from the Edge/Lita "Live Sex Celebration."

5. Heidenreich. Released.

1. I was pissed that they didn't think enough of their own roster that they had to have someone from Raw come in and take the strap. At least it was Kurt Angle, a guy who does deserve it. But I'm not really sure they had anyone with enough build up to give the title too anyway (let's face it, a Mysterio title reign would have only lasted a few months and Orton hasn't been in the title picture for a while). One of the great things about Kurt is that he works well as either a face or heel and can be the best at both, which is not easy for everyone.

2. Yeah, I heard about this too. As if he wasn't gay enough with those highlights.

3. That's them? They look pretty good in the ring I guess. I'm glas that Kendricks and London got some offense in in their match so that it wasn't a squash

5. Yeah, he about ran out of chances. Being talentless can only take you so far.

I'm working on setting up the leage right now

league name: SOMBiemania

MV's other blog about every mixtape he's ever made: http://mixedreaction.blogspot.com

#7 Diesel

Diesel

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:44 PM

Bump to reflect league creation. You've got until 6 p.m. to get in this week. I'm in, but so far its just me and MV.

#8 faxman75

faxman75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

In
shame on us doomed from the start may god have mercy on our dirty little hearts shame on us for all we have done and all we ever were just zeros and ones

#9 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:46 PM

Spirit Squad....... :huh: :huh: :lol: :huh: What the fuck....?
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#10 Killface

Killface

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking...WTF?!?!?!? Spirit Squad??? The Boogeyman??? Who the hell thought these were good ideas? More ass kickers, less characters....sheesh. TNA looks better every week. Even tho I'm not enthused about Sting being back...or Jarrett being champ, even though he owns the company....ugh. X-Division rules!!!
I'm not the one that tapes Swiss Cake Rolls to the underside of the toilet....Snacky Onassis.

#11 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

i really need to start seeing these TNA shows. I was really intrigued by their PPV a few weeks back with the barbed wire match between Sabu and Abyss, but I just couldn't bring myself to pony up the cash for it. they need a better timeslot, and then odds are ill be sold on it. but for now, im stuck watching Edge get fellated by Lita.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#12 Midnite_Vulture

Midnite_Vulture

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:08 AM

Spirit Squad??? The Boogeyman??? Who the hell thought these were good ideas?

Old school minds/enthusiasts are definitely at work here.

#13 Mr. Sinistro

Mr. Sinistro

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:13 AM

Are you all serious? Just didn't think people were actually into that stuff. Maybe we need an official UFC thread, because there's what I prefer and it's for real, not makeup and theatrics.

My Band: The Atlantic Divide
My Artwork: mg33.net.
My Blog: Random Transmission.

The Atlantic Divide - Upcoming Shows:
Thursday March 12th - Opening for Ours at Bottom Lounge - 8PM - $15 - 18+.
Thursday March 26th - With New Colossus, Eric & The Implants - 8PM - $8 - 17+.

Currently working on new EP due out in May.

#14 Midnite_Vulture

Midnite_Vulture

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:19 AM

For me, it's not about the reality, it's about the drama, the skill, the artistry, the storytelling. If someone were to describe both a WWE match and a real fight, which one do you think would sound the most interesting and would have you the most anxious to watch?

#15 Diesel

Diesel

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:21 AM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking...WTF?!?!?!?

Spirit Squad??? The Boogeyman??? Who the hell thought these were good ideas?

More ass kickers, less characters....sheesh.

TNA looks better every week. Even tho I'm not enthused about Sting being back...or Jarrett being champ, even though he owns the company....ugh.

X-Division rules!!!

I have mixed feelings on Sting in TNA. On the one hand, he's a huge name who could very well bring a lot of fans over to the TNA product and help build some interest. On the other, he's pushing 40 years old, is pretty much past his prime, and will likely get the pushes the younger guys (Styles, Daniels, Joe, Monty Brown, Christian, etc.) deserve. I would like to see the world title scene expand beyond Jarrett. Jarrett for some reason doesn't drive me as crazy as HHH does, even though they're basically the same guy, in terms of power/political pull/booking control, etc. I can maybe forgive Jarrett a little bit because he's more entertaining than HHH and at least seems to recognize the value of building other wrestlers/angles, even if he does kinda just stick them all in the X-Division. But at least the X Division is solidly built up, and is pretty much the main attraction. I don't think HHH would want anyone/any division stealing his limelight. Jarrett at least shares a little bit. Even if he basically is perpetually champion.

#16 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:22 AM

For me, it's not about the reality, it's about the drama, the skill, the artistry, the storytelling. If someone were to describe both a WWE match and a real fight, which one do you think would sound the most interesting and would have you the most anxious to watch?

Amen.

Anyway the whole "Are u guyz srsly talking about wrestling in hre" posts have thankfully been infrequent, let us enjoy our utopian wrestling society within the walls of this thread. Let freedom ring!
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Diesel

Diesel

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:23 AM

Yeah...a "wrestling is fake" comment. Yawn. You've all seen my retort against that one, so I won't repeat. UFC is fucking boring. And a little gay. All they do is roll around grabbing at each other's packages. Edit: Gayer than wrestling, even. Not a lot of grappling and package grabbing in WWE these days.

#18 Mr. Sinistro

Mr. Sinistro

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:26 AM

UFC is fucking boring. And a little gay. All they do is roll around grabbing at each other's packages.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

My Band: The Atlantic Divide
My Artwork: mg33.net.
My Blog: Random Transmission.

The Atlantic Divide - Upcoming Shows:
Thursday March 12th - Opening for Ours at Bottom Lounge - 8PM - $15 - 18+.
Thursday March 26th - With New Colossus, Eric & The Implants - 8PM - $8 - 17+.

Currently working on new EP due out in May.

#19 Midnite_Vulture

Midnite_Vulture

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:27 AM

Yeah...a "wrestling is fake" comment. Yawn. You've all seen my retort against that one, so I won't repeat.

UFC is fucking boring. And a little gay. All they do is roll around grabbing at each other's packages.

UFC has its moments, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this.

#20 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:31 AM

Yeah, that was pretty funny.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image