157 replies to this topic

#1 norton

norton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:16 AM

On sale 11 a.m. Saturday The Arcade Fire, Friday, May 18, Saturday, May 19, Sunday, May 20 ($31, all ages; 4-ticket limit, other restrictions apply to best seats) at Chicago Theatre. Anyone have any pre-sale info?

#2 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:18 AM

If I oversleep and miss the onsale time I'm going to hate myself. As opposed to waking up, trying to get tix, and failing after they sell out in .01 seconds, in which case I'll just hate the world.

#3 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:20 AM

Do you guys really think all three shows will sell out right away?

#4 Alky 2009

Alky 2009

lover's rock

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4533 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:20 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty much preparing myself for disappointment. These are going to be gone in no time at all. If Bright Eyes tickets were going for $80-$100 on craigslist, I can't wait to see how high these get.
"Mellow... but not smooth... kinda shitty."
"Jimmy Buffett..."

Posted Image

#5 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3427 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:21 AM

The box office is open but will only be selling balcony seats.
From what I understand, and I could be wrong, premium seats (orchestra pit, and all floor seats) can only be purchased online via Ticketmaster. Their website says as much, right here.

its like a group of nerds just get together to self indulge their self, just like sound opinions message board.

#6 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:23 AM

no pre-sale as for the shows and how fast they'll sell out... first one will sell out under an hour, second one a few hours probably, and the third may take a few days to a week i think... guess we'll see

#7 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:23 AM

Do you guys really think all three shows will sell out right away?

Good seats will be gone instantly. If we're "lucky," we'll be able to get balcony seats a couple seconds after the onsale time. Not sure if I care to see this band from a chair fifty yards from the stage.

#8 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

I'm kind of thinking like solace on this one, I guess. This ticket sale structure sucks ass. I need to buy four tix together, so I am forced out of "premium seats?" Fuck this. Are they even putting the boxes on sale to the general public, or is JAM keeping all of those? Lame.

#9 norton

norton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:30 AM

The box office is open but will only be selling balcony seats.
From what I understand, and I could be wrong, premium seats (orchestra pit, and all floor seats) can only be purchased online via Ticketmaster. Their website says as much, right here.

These guys seem to have cracked the code. :lol: :lol: :angry:

#10 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:32 AM

i think they'll def sell out, remember they're doing SNL this weekend. I dont think that will make the biggest diff in the world, but i can see a lot of people who are fans and will want to see them live after enjoying them on tv
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#11 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:33 AM

These guys seem to have cracked the code.

Websites like that make me want to rape Bambi's mother.

#12 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:34 AM

they will sell out, i just don't see all 3 selling out within minutes... the one thing that may cause them to sell out quicker than i expected above, is that these are their ONLY midwest dates for the first half of 2007....

#13 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:36 AM

It won't sell out in three minutes due to fans alone. Scalpers will be more than happy to lend a hand.

#14 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:40 AM

It won't sell out in three minutes due to fans alone. Scalpers will be more than happy to lend a hand.

tru dat
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#15 Alky 2009

Alky 2009

lover's rock

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4533 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:43 AM

An hour for the first show?? That's nuts. The first two will definitely be gone long before that point, if not all three. From my understanding, Bright Eyes at the Metro sold out in 30 seconds. Thirty seconds. I have to imagine that, combined with the buzz and the push of SNL, these will fly out at an even faster rate.
"Mellow... but not smooth... kinda shitty."
"Jimmy Buffett..."

Posted Image

#16 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:48 AM

how much you think Mezzazine level seats are going for? would those be a good view?

Posted Image

"

#17 hummingbird

hummingbird

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

I hate thinking that this isn't even going to be worth it. Maybe I'll just sit and reminisce about Empty Bottle (or even the Riviera sadly enough).

#18 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

how much you think Mezzazine level seats are going for? would those be a good view?

These are the boxes I am talking about. I have seen a number of shows from the boxes at the Chicago Theater, and they are very nice.

I have a feeling that JAM will be holding on to these for themselves.

#19 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3427 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:58 AM

If I can't get floor seats I'm not gonna bother. I want to see this tour, but not from the balcony for 40 dollars.

its like a group of nerds just get together to self indulge their self, just like sound opinions message board.

#20 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:04 AM

An hour for the first show?? That's nuts. The first two will definitely be gone long before that point, if not all three. From my understanding, Bright Eyes at the Metro sold out in 30 seconds. Thirty seconds. I have to imagine that, combined with the buzz and the push of SNL, these will fly out at an even faster rate.

we'll see...

people tend to often exaggerate how fast tickets/shows sell out.

"OMG IT SOLD OUT IN 2 MINUTES", when you can still pull balcony seats 3 hours later

i just said "under an hour", not "an hour", meaning, yes, the first show will probably pull up the TM "No seats available" page within 5-15 minutes. at that point, the shows are never actually "sold out", tickets/seats show up randomly throughout the day of the onsale 9 times out of 10.

and SNL is that night, AFTER the on-sale ;)

and Bright Eyes has more rabid (and younger) fans, not to mention the Metro is 1/3 the size of the Chicago Theater

if it was just one show at the Chicago Theater, then yes, it would sell out in under 5-10 minutes likely, no doubt about that